Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > NWN Mod: Escape from Undermountain
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2004, 12:33 AM   #1
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Hi everyone,

Just thought its been a while since we have a had a thread like this and thought I would see what everyone wants to see in Undermountain.

Treat this as a wish list only as the final say for ANY additions to Undermountain come down to what Ziroc wants for his project.

For example.

1. I would like to see a forge in Undermountain that we can use to add certain properties to our existing weapons and armour.

Things like this can be as creative as you want and my bring up some ideas that no one else has thought of.

Don't be afraid to post an idea!

Cheers!
Old 10-20-2004, 08:27 AM   #2
StigTC

A few things:
1 - Better representation for some of the weapon types that are currently left lacking, such a kukris, great axes, kamas etc. The weapons in these weapon types are ok, but nothing compared to weapons like Mordenkaine's longsword, Red dragon great sword of the hells and Veltsmotisi staff of destruction.

2 - Sharing of XP for the missions that currently don't do so. The eye tyrant quest is one such mission.

3 - Functions for gathering a whole set. Yeah yeah, I know... [img]smile.gif[/img]

4 - The new Player Resource Consortium pack, it's not just a prestige class pack anymore, it's a race pack as well. A bit undecided on this one though as it would mean a ton more work for Z.

5 - Some of the bigger, more complicated levels such as level 6 and 9 really needs quests or something else to give you a reason to run around and check out the whole level and not just go blazing through from entry to exit.

I think that's it, might get come back and edit this if I think of other things.
One fine day in the middle of the night, two dead boys got up to fight, <br />Back to back they faced each other, drew their swords and shot each other. <br />The deaf policeman heard the noise, and came and shot those two dead boys. <br />If you don\'t believe this joke is true, ask the blind man, he saw it too!
StigTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 08:52 AM   #3
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

I think I'll disagree with stig about level 9 - I think it's perfect just as it is. A virtually empty subterranean lake with hardly any enemies is such a nice change of pace. You actually have to use a torch to navigate and the atmoshpere is great in my opinion.

What exactly do you mean by functions for gathering a whole set? (I know what the sets are, just not sure what you mean by a function)
shamrock_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 10:22 AM   #4
Greything
Drizzt Do'Urden

I agree with T-D-C on the idea of a forge. It would be great to be able to personalise and upgrade our armour and weapons. But to keep things balanced there would have to be some limitations on how much an already powerful item could be enhanced.

It might also help StigTC to upgrade the kind of weapons he mentions.

Some special pleading here from someone who often bases his characters on the monk class:-

1 - I don't even know if it is possible but it would be a help if we could use such a forge to upgrade gloves and robes.

2 - The best gloves for monks in the game are in the most dangerous places. You have to be near lvl 40 to get them. It would be good to be able to find them earlier, perhaps as a random item in chests.

Finally, I see Shamrock_UK asking about "functions". I'm sure StigTC will answer for himself but I think this about getting extra benefits, over and above those you get from each individual item, when you collect and equip a complete set (the whole is greater than the parts).
Greything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 12:17 PM   #5
StigTC

Quote:
Originally posted by Greything:
Finally, I see Shamrock_UK asking about "functions". I'm sure StigTC will answer for himself but I think this about getting extra benefits, over and above those you get from each individual item, when you collect and equip a complete set (the whole is greater than the parts).
That's exactly what I meant, kinda like the way it works in Diablo 2.
One fine day in the middle of the night, two dead boys got up to fight, <br />Back to back they faced each other, drew their swords and shot each other. <br />The deaf policeman heard the noise, and came and shot those two dead boys. <br />If you don\'t believe this joke is true, ask the blind man, he saw it too!
StigTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 12:28 PM   #6
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

Ah, thank you both [img]smile.gif[/img]

As a slight aside, I noticed that the Drow merchant on level 13 offers to forge items for you so presumably it's something that Z has already been considering...
shamrock_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 04:52 PM   #7
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Yeah the Drow merchant on Level 13 can forge long swords ( only certain ones) with certain gem stones to create some pretty cool swords.
Old 10-22-2004, 05:07 PM   #8
Animal
Gold Dragon

A level(s) that require teamwork. As it stands now, you can pretty much blast through Undermountain with any high level character, but how about a level or two that require specific skills from specific classes that force a certain amount of teamwork to accomplish. I think this would certainly add to the role-play element of it.
Old 10-22-2004, 07:33 PM   #9
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by Animal:
A level(s) that require teamwork. As it stands now, you can pretty much blast through Undermountain with any high level character, but how about a level or two that require specific skills from specific classes that force a certain amount of teamwork to accomplish. I think this would certainly add to the role-play element of it.
There are some that could benefit from teamwork, but what you are talking about WOULD be cool, but when I release this mod as a single player game, it wouldn't work out that well. Maybe I'll make a special level for teamwork! Then pull it once I release it.

The lever and door run on muriels gauntlet can really benefit from teamwork btw, and so can many of the hard battles. (Proving Grounds for SURE!)

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 08:22 PM   #10
Animal
Gold Dragon

I noticed the Proving Grounds is certainly a teamwork environment.

Personally, I love role playing with NWN with a good group and a team level would be cool.