Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

View Poll Results: Character Type
The slient type, sneaking rogues/shadowdancers etc.(Shinobi) 6 26.09%
The sneaky type, rogues/assassins w/o fighter etc. (Ninja) 3 13.04%
The direct melee type, fighter/barbarian/rogue etc. (Bladesman) 1 4.35%
The ranged type, arcane archer/rogue etc. (Predator) 2 8.70%
The magical type, mages/sorcerors/bards etc. (Arcanist) 3 13.04%
The magical mix type, mage/fighter/sorceror/barb/rogue etc. (Jedi) 1 4.35%
The purists type, paladins/clerics/Champ of T/monks, etc. (Leaders/Cultists) 2 8.70%
The passive type, druids/bards/monks/rangers etc. (Lone Rangers) 4 17.39%
I don't concentrate on one thing very well...(ooh!! ice cream...) 1 4.35%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-10-2005, 03:05 AM   #1
shadowolf03
Drow Warrior

Just wondering what kind of gamers you guys think you are! Would be interesting wouldn't it?
Old 04-10-2005, 06:41 AM   #2
Legolas
Jack Burton

I voted Shinobi but that's not entirely true. I do like the rogue/shadowdancer a lot which is the reason I picked it. I've been playing the same Rogue/SD (for the character, not the class) for over a year and a half now so that might be bias. Also, I simply love skillpoints so human rogues make sense.
Other than that I prefer melee-oriented characters who have some magic at their disposal. That's Rangers and Bards (for background), Clerics (a bit too powerful for my liking; and if I see one more Trickery cleric I'll cry), Paladins (proper ones, lots of people seem to forget they have standards and ideals), but not druids. I just can't seem to like those.
As for prestige classes, excepting the one above, I'll pass. Monks, Sorcerers, Wizards, Fighters and Barbarians either have too little combat ability or too little magic for my tastes.

As for what that makes my playing style, well, nothing much.

I do like sneaking around and eavesdropping, and being able to walk through monster-infested areas without any of them raising a blade to attack me.
As that's what my main character does (she hasn't fought a proper battle in months, literally) I spend a lot of time with that.
My other characters tend to be seen a lot less often as a result, making them lone-rangerish to an extent. Though it does vary a lot, and I do play the character classes I'm not so fond of as well. The only thing I don't involve myself with is the whole Vampire / Dragon / Daemon / Celestial / Half-god, half-dragon, half-icicle, half-snail / Werewolf type characters. Regular humans and elves are just fine (I don't play dwarves either, or half-elves, or gnomes or halflings, though that's all subject to the same rules as above, i.e. sometimes I do really).

[ 04-10-2005, 06:49 AM: Message edited by: Legolas ]
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 07:47 PM   #3
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I took the silent type, the ninja?? I too prefer to be in the background, or scouting, to actually engaging. This said, I usually end up as a melee type, no matter what class, with some really strange builds. I have a bard/rdd/rogue who has dev crit, and epic dodge.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 08:58 PM   #4
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

It depends on how I feel at the time... occasionally, I'll get an urge to either go "Kensai" type, or "ranged lone wolf". That said, I like to have a bit of magic added in the mix, and I do so enjoy sneaking, so.. it depends on my mood.
Calaethis Dragonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 12:22 PM   #5
Stratos
Vampire

I suppose I'm a "Jedi"-type but a little sneak and peek don't hurt either.
Old 04-13-2005, 10:09 PM   #6
Sir Goulum
John Locke

I'm usually a bladesman type.
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 11:30 PM   #7
Marathon
Elminster

Purist type - have been every time out in NWN. Paladins are my favorite class for the role play aspect, and I like clerics for the magic/melee mix. The only stealth character I ever ran was a monk.
Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 05:49 PM   #8
Tyrion
Quintesson

Im the dwarven axeman type, so i guess bladesman...