Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 07-15-2002, 08:24 AM   #121
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
I see the topic has now changed into a smokers bashing issue, how typical !
What do you mean how typical?? I have not been in many "drug" discussions that revolved or devolved to smoking issues......and the way we got to that issue was fairly reasonable in my opinion.

Old 07-15-2002, 08:58 AM   #122
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
quote:
I see the topic has now changed into a smokers bashing issue, how typical !
What do you mean how typical?? I have not been in many "drug" discussions that revolved or devolved to smoking issues......and the way we got to that issue was fairly reasonable in my opinion. [/QUOTE]It's just that i'm getting a little tired of people attacking me because i smoke. I don't smoke to harass other people, i smoke because i like it. I don't smoke where it's not allowed either, i follow the rules, but when someone starts complaining about me smoking out in the open i get pissed off. Not too long ago a guy said something about me smoking at a busstop. I told him to piss off and take the buss at another busstop if it bothered him that much. The cars on the streets in the city do more damage to your lungs than my cigarette, give me a break.
Old 07-15-2002, 10:39 AM   #123
MagiK

Quote:
It's just that i'm getting a little tired of people attacking me because i smoke. I don't smoke to harass other people, i smoke because i like it. I don't smoke where it's not allowed either, i follow the rules, but when someone starts complaining about me smoking out in the open i get pissed off. Not too long ago a guy said something about me smoking at a busstop. I told him to piss off and take the buss at another busstop if it bothered him that much. The cars on the streets in the city do more damage to your lungs than my cigarette, give me a break.
I understand, and I think that some people are really rude to smokers which is not acceptable either. When it is hot as heck out and your stuck at a long light..it just amazes me how much of the smoke from the car/van/truck ends up in my car....and of course I am completely pissed off when the asshole tosses his butt out the window and hot ash and the butt bounces off the hood of my car. Anti-smokers can be rude but I see an awful lot of completely oblivious and rude smokers too.

Maybe if you try and smoke down wind from the non-smoking folks?

[ 07-15-2002, 10:41 AM: Message edited by: MagiK ]

Old 07-15-2002, 10:48 AM   #124
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
MagiK, i don't have any problems with people who in a friendly way ask if i don't want to smoke near them, no problem at all, even outside. But not in a way like: hey buddy, would you mind putting out that cigarette. And people throwing stuff out of their car don't have my sympathy either, they didn't invent ashtrays for nothing.
Old 07-15-2002, 11:10 AM   #125
MagiK

You notice most of my complaints is about smokers int heir cars [img]smile.gif[/img] I cannot tell you how many little "butt burns" I have on the hood of my car. It is what I get for living in this infested part o the country [img]smile.gif[/img]

A little common courtesy can go a long way

Old 07-15-2002, 11:27 AM   #126
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
You notice most of my complaints is about smokers int heir cars [img]smile.gif[/img] I cannot tell you how many little "butt burns" I have on the hood of my car. It is what I get for living in this infested part o the country [img]smile.gif[/img]

Well, better that than someone throwing an empty beercan out of his car, that happened to me and a friend of mine the other day. It crashed right into our front window and we had to chase the scumbag for about 15 km's down the road. Some people think they own the world.
Old 07-15-2002, 05:54 PM   #127
Chewbacca
Zartan

Quote:

Oh, thats an ashtray in my car, I thought it was the built-in drug stash. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I agree a little courtesy goes along way.

I too, will move or put out my smoke when asked politely and I only smoke in my car on the expressway, which is most of the driving I do thanks to Boston's fabulous train system. Now as far as throwing cigarettes out the window... well thats pretty rude if you ask me, especially if it burns anothers car or something.
Old 07-15-2002, 08:14 PM   #128
Moni

I can't believe throwing lit butts out the windows hasn't been outlawed in your part of the country....not only can it seriously injure motorcyclists but it can start fires in truck beds and along the roadsides. I've seen all of the above happen in the west and have seen laws enacted to make it illegal.
Write or call your congressman and make a suggestion or nothing will get done about it until someone seriously gets hurt. Hope it isn't you!

Old 07-15-2002, 08:21 PM   #129
Madman-Rogovich
Lord Soth

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
I can't believe throwing lit butts out the windows hasn't been outlawed in your part of the country....not only can it seriously injure motorcyclists but it can start fires in truck beds and along the roadsides. I've seen all of the above happen in the west and have seen laws enacted to make it illegal.
Write or call your congressman and make a suggestion or nothing will get done about it until someone seriously gets hurt. Hope it isn't you!
really? in the uk i think there is no such law.. and if there is noone abides by it thats a realy good idea as well. new thread me reckons.
Old 07-15-2002, 08:33 PM   #130
Moni

Really. [img]smile.gif[/img]
While I lived in Arizona, a law was passed after a pick-up truck full of brush caught on fire in Tucson because someone threw a lit butt out the window that landed in the bed of the truck...they used a man who had been permanently blinded in one eye by a lit butt while he was on a motorcycle to emphasize the importance of the law being passed since just the blinding incident wasn't enough to make people react the first time around. The police there won't hesitate to ticket someone for it either.
Here in Texas there were fires along the interstates in the summers quite frequently in spite of a law banning throwing lit butts out the windows. I've seen some serious traffic jams and accidents in the more congested areas of the interstates. Last year they came down hard on people for it and this summer I've yet to see more than one fire but then again we've had hell's share of rain here lately with more in the forecast.
Definitely something to think about if you are a driver who believes they are at risk out of the negligence of others...as unsafe as driving can be already, why have the added risk of fire and injury through cigarette butts added to it?