Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 06-16-2001, 08:37 PM   #1
Druid 3
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Jeez, louis. I managed to trash my whole system on a BIOS flash that hosed my RAID array. I've rebuilt everything now, but I lost all of my old saved game files. I had just got done talking to the silver dragon and was just ready to enter the Drow city for the first time in the Underdark chapter. If any one has a saved game file that they wouldn't mind sending me either at that point or earlier, I'd be immensely grateful!

Thanks!
Old 06-17-2001, 12:18 AM   #2
Druid 3
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Just as a follow up: to make things even harder, I would need a copy of a multiplayer saved game in the Underdark. A reader of this forum was kind enough to send me a copy of his single player game (thanks Dhan! ! !), but BGII crashed when I tried to open it in multiplayer mode.

Thanks again!
Old 06-17-2001, 01:07 AM   #3
vesselle
Hathor

sweetie,

all you have to do is put that sp game folder into your mpsave folder, remembering the name of it.

then go in and do your mp connect as usual, the game will show up there for you.

"easy as goblin pie" *lol*

V***V

Old 06-17-2001, 12:20 PM   #4
Druid 3
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Actually that is what I did. I put the saved game info into new folders both underneith the sp folder and underneith the mpsave folders. That allowed me to access the game from either single player or multi-player. When retrieved under single player, it worked fine. When retrieved under multi-player, it blew up. . .

Is there something else I am missing?
Old 06-17-2001, 12:25 PM   #5
Druid 3
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Actually NEVER MIND! I truly hate it when computers don't behave the same way twice under (in theory) the same conditions. I tried to open that sucker several times last night in multi-player mode and the game consistently crashed. I went ahead and tried it this morning after my PC had "rested" overnight and it loaded up just fine!

Sometimes I wonder. . .

Thanks for the game and the additional info! Wheeeee! I'm back in business!

- Druid 3