Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 02-19-2003, 10:13 PM   #1
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Is there any way to skip Irenicus' Dungeon at the beginning? I am really getting fed up with it, but don't want to cheat...could anyone help me with this? Thanks!
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2003, 10:19 PM   #2
Angelousss
Red Wizard of Thay

search for the words dungeon be gone, it's a mod that telaports you out giving you most of the items and exp
Old 02-19-2003, 10:31 PM   #3
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Goody goody! Thanks! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2003, 12:14 AM   #4
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Goulum:
Is there any way to skip Irenicus' Dungeon at the beginning?
Yes
LennonCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2003, 04:27 AM   #5
Jim
Quintesson

Why skip it? If it's boring then install something that will spice it up......install the tactics mod. I'm sure you'll love the improved encounters .
Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2003, 07:26 AM   #6
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Still boring
Gangrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2003, 08:58 AM   #7
Jim
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by Gangrell:
Still boring
I assure you, taking on improved Ilynch using a solo kensai on insane is far from boring This was the hardest encounter I have ever had to deal with.
Old 02-20-2003, 10:35 AM   #8
Rataxes
Symbol of Cyric

Improved Ilyich is one of the most exciting and difficult encounters in the game, or at least it was. The new version with Ilyich on patrol is still so filled with bugs that it kills most of the fun IMHO.

Btw Jim, as someone who has also soloed a kensai on insane, how did you deal with the Glabrezu?
Old 02-20-2003, 10:44 AM   #9
Jim
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by Rataxes:
.....Btw Jim, as someone who has also soloed a kensai on insane, how did you deal with the Glabrezu?
I'm in the process of creating a long overdue thread explaining my tactics, but the idea was to lure the demon down into a room, exit the room and slam the door, dispose of Ilynch, rob his club +3, and then use my massive speed factor advantage (was 0 when using this club) to hit the demon (the Glabrezu has a higher speed factor), then move away before the demon has attacked, then hit him etc until he was agonna. And this was done using a weapon I wasn't even proficient in with 1 APR. Speed factor has never been so important, and my armourless kensai never even took a single HP of damage

[ 02-20-2003, 10:49 AM: Message edited by: Jim ]
Old 02-20-2003, 10:55 AM   #10
Rataxes
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Jim:
Quote:
Originally posted by Rataxes:
.....Btw Jim, as someone who has also soloed a kensai on insane, how did you deal with the Glabrezu?
I'm in the process of creating a long overdue thread explaining my tactics, but the idea was to lure the demon down into a room, slam the door behind it, dispose of Ilynch, rob his club +3, and then use my massive speed factor advantage (was 0 when using this club) to hit the demon (the Glabrezu has a higher speed factor), then move away before the demon has attacked, then hit him etc until he was agonna. And this was done using a weapon I wasn't even proficient in with 1 APR. Speed factor has never been so important, and my armourless kensai never even took a single HP of damage [/QUOTE]Ah yes, the old Hit'n'Run tactic [img]smile.gif[/img] I would never have lasted long without it in this particular mod.

I take it you didn't save in-between trapping the demon and killing Ilyich? I always trap him myself whenever I play someone who have no means of killing him, but I can never save after doing so. Using the portal to the 2nd level to get an auto-save has so far been my only way of getting a save before taking on Ilyich himself. Usually this also makes the demon disappear as well though