Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 04-16-2003, 12:55 PM   #1
antryg
Fzoul Chembryl

I just read a news report on the Chicago White Sox and Kansas City Royals game which was in Chicago. Apparently several fans ran out onto the field throughout the game and at the end of the 8th innings a fan came out of the stands and attacked the umpire. I think that TL should start attending White Sox games to pick up some clients. It's not enviromental law but I'm sure his firm would appreciate getting new business.
Old 04-16-2003, 01:21 PM   #2
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Mentioned it in Cafe. Note, I am NOT a Sox fans. I'm not much of a Cubs fan either, btw. I like to watch them play, and Wrigley is a great field, and the area is nice (Cubs are Lincoln Park/North Chicago yuppie team, Sox are Irish-village south side team ), but as a long-time fan of U. of KY basketball, I'm not used to backing losers.

Ironically, just 10 mins ago got an email from a guy in the firm trying to hawk 4 tix to tonight's Kansas game - 17th row behind Sox dugout, with parking pass tossed in for free. Guess he fears his own safety. [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img] Actually, I'm sure he's just busy.

Just so you know, the players roughed the guy up a bit. So, there may be lawsuits flying both ways in the end.

Chicagoans hate this, btw, and are acutely aware how it looks. US Cellular Field (f/k/a Comisky) and the team both included the words "idiot" in their press releases. Midwesterners may be nice, but they don't mince words.

As one morning DJ said today: "One official was quoted as saying the looting and rioting in Iraq would never happen in the U.S. Yeah, right, in the U.S. we save the looting and rioting for when our hometown sports team wins - or loses - a championship."
Old 04-16-2003, 01:32 PM   #3
antryg
Fzoul Chembryl

I'm just curious why Sox fans seem to save their "best" fan-on-field expressions for the Royals.
I used to be a Rangers fan until the last strike. Player comments at that time have resulted in my not going to the ballpark (even with free tickets and parking pass). It was bad enough supporting a losing team when ticket prices were reasonable and players weren't shouting about how insulted they were to be payed only $5 million a year. I refuse to watch spoiled losers who complain all the time, owners who can't figure out you need someone who can pitch, and ticket prices that equal my monthly food budget.

In the interest of fair play, you can now get back at Dallas by sharing a story about a Dallas Cowboy player. I'm sure one of them has said something incredibly stupid or broken at least one major law since I started this post.
Old 04-16-2003, 01:36 PM   #4
harleyquinn
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by antryg:
I'm just curious why Sox fans seem to save their "best" fan-on-field expressions for the Royals.
I used to be a Rangers fan until the last strike. Player comments at that time have resulted in my not going to the ballpark (even with free tickets and parking pass). It was bad enough supporting a losing team when ticket prices were reasonable and players weren't shouting about how insulted they were to be payed only $5 million a year. I refuse to watch spoiled losers who complain all the time, owners who can't figure out you need someone who can pitch, and ticket prices that equal my monthly food budget.

In the interest of fair play, you can now get back at Dallas by sharing a story about a Dallas Cowboy player. I'm sure one of them has said something incredibly stupid or broken at least one major law since I started this post.
your last line, cracked me up

Antryg, that's how I felt during the strike too. I'm a Yankees fan, grew up in a Yankees family on Long Island, but the only time I will go see them play is when they come to Toronto because for less than $30 american, I can get great seats right on the baseline as opposed to the rediculous prices they charge in NYC.
Old 04-16-2003, 01:51 PM   #5
Angelousss
Red Wizard of Thay

reading about this i've discovered he picked the wrong ump to attack. First of all seeing the ump in interviews, the guy is huge. 2nd he's an ex-marine. the interview with him he said he thought it was mike sweeny running into him but as soon as he realized it was an attack he turned around and pinned the guy. He was pretty roughed up, the guy not the ump. apperently he came with a group of friends and relatives but disappeared right at the start of the game. the police want to charge him with a felony but have to go through the prosecuter.