Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 11-03-2001, 10:09 AM   #21
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Hmm I don't like this either...not only for the reason Grojlach mentioned, but because it gets DAMN annoying trying to work out who is who when ppl keep changing their names. I use this name everywhere and never change it and it makes it easier on everyone. Ok so unless it is already taken.
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 11-03-2001, 10:12 AM   #22
Moni

quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
OMG. This will drive us mods crazy trying to work out who you all are now!

Perhaps not! Won't the member number remain the same?!

Old 11-03-2001, 10:14 AM   #23
Tabitha Silverwill
Dungeon Master

Oh dear. I think I might have opened a can of worms here. I can appreciate the problems it will cause. Promise not to change mine again - may I keep this one though, please

Well spotted Rikard - I couldn't completely lose the Will/Willow link.

(BTW - I think I'm falling in love with you Rikard, just wish everyone would stop picking on you. Perhaps I could one day become maiden to your knight :sigh:. Bet you have a whole harem of admirers)
Old 11-03-2001, 10:18 AM   #24
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Moni:

Perhaps not! Won't the member number remain the same?!

Moni, have you ever tried to remember 4000+ member numbers? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

It would go something like this:

"Oi, #36, good to see you again. You won't bother the mods, will you? Hey, #1247, you're easy to remember - first the number 12, multiply that by 4 (numbers in your member number), equals 48, less 1, makes 47, so you're #1247. #4020, stop that! Only one name change per day allowed!!"

Old 11-03-2001, 10:21 AM   #25
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Tabitha Silverwill:

(BTW - I think I'm falling in love with you Rikard, just wish everyone would stop picking on you. Perhaps I could one day become maiden to your knight :sigh:. Bet you have a whole harem of admirers)

I can just feel Rikard blushing here. Maybe we should call him Rusty Rikard? Or Rosy Rikard?

Old 11-03-2001, 10:21 AM   #26
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Your right, this will probably get confusing.
But i've been wanting to change my nick to Velkyn for a long time. Its the name i use everywhere else.
Old 11-03-2001, 10:22 AM   #27
Sorcerer Alex

Memnoch, would it not be an idea to make everyone who changes their name email one of you moderators, so that everyone knows who's who? Or maybe we could devote a thread to it? Just a suggestion [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-03-2001, 10:23 AM   #28
Moni

quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:

Moni, have you ever tried to remember 4000+ member numbers? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

It would go something like this:

"Oi, #36, good to see you again. You won't bother the mods, will you? Hey, #1247, you're easy to remember - first the number 12, multiply that by 4 (numbers in your member number), equals 48, less 1, makes 47, so you're #1247. #4020, stop that! Only one name change per day allowed!!"

ROFL! You don't have to remember them if you have them listed somewhere. All you need to know is the username, which from what I understand from this thread can't be changed. For most of the older members, I would bet you mods pretty much know who is who already. [img]smile.gif[/img]
See, if I ever changed my display name, you would know it is me, simply because I mentioned the number thing.

P.S. I made that post before I read your warning against impersonating other members...I see you have that part of it covered LOL.
I also think that if anyone cares that we know who they are, they'd mention the change too.

Old 11-03-2001, 10:27 AM   #29
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Moni:

ROFL! You don't have to remember them if you have them listed somewhere. All you need to know is the username, which from what I understand from this thread can't be changed. For most of the older members, I would bet you mods pretty much know who is who already. [img]smile.gif[/img]
See, if I ever changed my display name, you would know it is me, simply because I mentioned the number thing.

Moni, you're giving me too much credit here...I can see myself with a 40-page list of 4000 names saying: "...member #2784, that's page 28, who IS that?? Where are my damned spectacles...!"

[img]tongue.gif[/img]

Old 11-03-2001, 10:29 AM   #30
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Arledrian:
Memnoch, would it not be an idea to make everyone who changes their name email one of you moderators, so that everyone knows who's who? Or maybe we could devote a thread to it? Just a suggestion [img]smile.gif[/img]

Sounds good. BTW, who are you again? Member #2773, let me look you up...ahh, Sorcerer Alex! You're a good guy...wait, you're #2773? Sorry...the good guy was #2774. You're listed here as "potential troublemaker". Move along now!

I'm just kidding, btw...member #2773.