Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 02-25-2001, 09:16 PM   #1
Arch_Mage18

I just got the game today and its pretty good! One thing...in the beginning when I am with the girl and these bats come up to me I attack with my staff but barely hit em and I have died like 4 times in a row trying to kill these guys..after a second my spells pop up and I can only cast it once..can someone lead me to a newbie guide or something..my diffuculty is on novice too.

Old 02-25-2001, 09:22 PM   #2
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

For spells, you have to write it into your spell book, then put it into memorization slots, then sleep in order to memorize you spells. The number of spells at each spell level you can memorize and cast will increase as you progress in levels.
For those pesky "bats", they are mephits and I am assuming that you are using a mage as your main character....otherwise there are better weapon choices for a fighter or thief. And if you are using a mage....he is not really suppose to be in the front line.
Old 02-25-2001, 09:24 PM   #3
Arch_Mage18

AHHHH okk...what happens when I use my spells up?

Old 02-25-2001, 09:25 PM   #4
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Also, if this is the first time you play, it will be beneficial to have Minsc and Jaheria in your party (they can tank!!). You know, the two that are locked up north of where Imoen got you free. Just walk up to them and they will start talking to you.
Old 02-25-2001, 09:26 PM   #5
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

When you used up your spells, a mage MUST rest in order to have the spells memorized afain. Happy gaming.
Old 02-25-2001, 09:27 PM   #6
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Hi there!
Well welcome to the board!
Fisrt of all you should go to the room in the beside the cage room don´t mess with the golem but search through the place and get armour and weapons that suits your characters, 2h sword for mins and staff for Jaheira for example and well thoose bats can be difficult to hit cause of their small and flying, check all the things in the room for messages and check when the cursor change so you find helping tips on what to do with different machines and such. Imoen can cast magic at them if she is not wearing any armour.
If you need further help go to gamespot.com and check their walkthrough sections, they have a good one in PDF format.

good luck to you!