Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2001, 01:47 PM   #1
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

This may have been done before; I have no idea, but it'd be interesting to see what the results are. What type of class do you prefer playing? Fighter, Ranger, Thief, Cleric/Priest, Barbarian, Assassin, Wizard... and why?

For me, believe it or not, it has to be the thief. I love thieves. They're the most versatile of the roles, depending on the game being played. You can get by with so much with them. I also believe in the concept of a "good" thief; one that does try to do good deeds overall even while doing some bad ones as well. Some people would not agree with that. I personally think the "alignment" thing has been way overdone (another Gygaxian construct that would well be dispensed with, along with color-coded dragons and other such ridiculosities). My favorite character so far is a little rogue with necrophobia so bad he faints if he but sees a skeleton. It's hilarious! Everyone else is having to bail him out...but he's invaluable when it comes to traps and locks.

So, what are your favorite classes to play, and why?

Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2001, 02:03 PM   #2
Moiraine
Anubis

Also Thief for me ! Especially for the roleplaying aspects : I am a very honest and caring person in RL, so I enjoy the lack of morality of the thief, and his activities, entering other people's houses without being invited, spying and stealing, and a good healthy selfishness.

------------------

The world is my oyster !
And now I have the knives to open it ...
Moiraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2001, 02:34 PM   #3
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

I LIKE the Bard best. Bardsong VERY handy, plus Wizard spells. Weapons skill are not too bad, esp Ranged weapons, and useful special skills.
HOWEVER, I most often play a Cleric, either straight or multi or dual, 'cos I'm a bit of a 'safety first' person - I go in for a lot of melee fighting so clerics are essential!

------------------
Smile! Life is too short for bitching!

Fljotsdale
Fljotsdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2001, 02:37 PM   #4
Fljotsdale

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
My favorite character so far is a little rogue with necrophobia so bad he faints if he but sees a skeleton. It's hilarious! Everyone else is having to bail him out...but he's invaluable when it comes to traps and locks.

A Thief with necrophobia? Where? What game?

------------------

Fljotsdale
Old 05-07-2001, 02:50 PM   #5
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Wizards & Warriors, Fljotsdale. The "necrophobia" thing seems to have just occurred, since he never can strike a hit against a skeleton, LOL! It's become a running joke on our forum (and in my storyline).

Old 05-07-2001, 02:52 PM   #6
Tancred
White Dragon

Paladin! Part Fighter, part Cleric, with extra healing power! Wahey! I've always liked leading from the front, and to me the Paladin is the quintessential Leader figure.

Tancred
Tancred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2001, 03:29 PM   #7
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

Darkstone - thief

Original Diablo/Hellfire - bard

------------------
Regards

Mouse
Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2001, 06:09 PM   #8
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

i must say that i prefer a LE Fighter/mage. im a man of my word and i obey laws, but if a law benefits me but hurts someone else, too damn bad! also, i talk like a mage and act like a fighter, so its my natural role!
SSJ4Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2001, 06:14 PM   #9
Fljotsdale

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
Wizards & Warriors, Fljotsdale. The "necrophobia" thing seems to have just occurred, since he never can strike a hit against a skeleton, LOL! It's become a running joke on our forum (and in my storyline).

Hm. Sounds interesting. How old is the game and is it still available? (no good if multiplayer, though)

------------------

Fljotsdale
Old 05-07-2001, 08:09 PM   #10
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

The game is still quite available, Fljotsdale. The Collector Edition is out now, selling for $20 (which would probably be about 30 lb British (sorry, I don't know how to do the pound symbol on the Internet). Wizards & Warriors is much like Might and Magic, Wizardry, Daggerfall, and some of the other 1st-person view games. There's no multiplayer, though, and I'm not sure from your post whether you were seeking that in a game or not...

If you are interested, check out our Wizards & Warriors forum here. There's some topics floating around on the front page of the forum about "Should I buy this game"? if you're interested in information about it without anything getting "spoiled".