Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 07-21-2006, 01:01 PM   #1
armageddon272
Symbol of Cyric

Read it for yourself.

Seems in the new expansion for WoW, The Burning Crusade, the Draenei will, according to lore, be allowed to play as shamans while the Blood Elves will be allowed to play as paladins. Discuss.

[ 07-21-2006, 01:02 PM: Message edited by: armageddon272 ]
armageddon272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 01:22 PM   #2
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

It's a bandaid to fix the imbalance between Horde and Alliance. As many more people start raiding, the HUGE INCREDIBLE difference between Pally blessings vs. Shammie totems has begin to create a LOT of ruckus amongst the faithful.

So, they can fix the Shammie or use a band-aid to fix the problem. Blizztard always prefers to use band-aids when they can.

Shammies are now very worried about their end-game viability, btw.

Edit: Made Pic a bit smaller

[ 07-22-2006, 05:48 AM: Message edited by: T-D-C ]
Old 07-21-2006, 01:31 PM   #3
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

I'm kind of discusted. This is a knock to the horde as far as PVP goes, since everyone knows Shaman has alot more on Pally in BG's. We will finally get to see what earthbind totems feel like when they're dropped all over the field .
Old 07-21-2006, 02:12 PM   #4
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Here's one of my guild leaders' takes on it:

Also, you see this opens up HUGE possibilities for them raid wise. They can start making REAL encounters w/o having to factor in the "pally" or "shammy" angles.

I suspect that blizz will open up a can of awesome for rogues and mages in the expansion DPS wise. They always had to keep things in check due to the class imbalance but now with 41 points in talents and 10 more levels to give folks NEW abilities not just upgrades to existing ones things are going to get TRULY awesome in this game.

Think about how impossible and badass the naxx encounters seem now. They had to tone stuff down because the horde dont have sweet buffs like devotion aura, salvation, BLESSING OF KINGS, JUDGEMENT OF WISDOM.

With these mechanics on both factions they can come up with encounters that truly take advantage of player abilities.

Think about encounters that require razor thin dps control with having Blessing of Might, Salvation, Tranquil Air AND windfury! Now top all of those buffs off with Blessing of kings and you have some truly staggering DPS possibilities.
Old 07-21-2006, 07:56 PM   #5
armageddon272
Symbol of Cyric

I just want to hear the ACs go "ZOMG! Bubble-Hearth is so cheap!!"

And Timber, can you possibly size down the picture a bit? It's annoying having to scroll sideways to read.
armageddon272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 09:21 PM   #6
burnzey boi
Red Wizard of Thay

This is an April Fools joke.. just late, right?

(Main)Undead Mage - 70, Orc Warrior - 70, Blood Elf Paladin - 70, Orc Shaman - 70, Troll Rogue - 70,
Orc Hunter - 65, UD Warlock 61, BE Priest 60, Tauren Drood - 60
OM NOM NOM NOM
burnzey boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 11:33 PM   #7
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Oh well, there goes the uniqueness of each faction.

Now the alliance can have Jesus too.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 10:57 AM   #8
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

When doing raid balancing it has to be done. Unless you do horde only or alliance only raid bosses. The bleeding-edge 40-man raid content is hard to balance if one faction is rolling with +10% to every stat and -20% threat to every DPS'er, and the other isn't.
Old 07-25-2006, 10:22 PM   #9
Kynaeus
Drow Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
Here's one of my guild leaders' takes on it:

Also, you see this opens up HUGE possibilities for them raid wise. They can start making REAL encounters w/o having to factor in the "pally" or "shammy" angles.

I suspect that blizz will open up a can of awesome for rogues and mages in the expansion DPS wise. They always had to keep things in check due to the class imbalance but now with 41 points in talents and 10 more levels to give folks NEW abilities not just upgrades to existing ones things are going to get TRULY awesome in this game.

Think about how impossible and badass the naxx encounters seem now. They had to tone stuff down because the horde dont have sweet buffs like devotion aura, salvation, BLESSING OF KINGS, JUDGEMENT OF WISDOM.

With these mechanics on both factions they can come up with encounters that truly take advantage of player abilities.

Think about encounters that require razor thin dps control with having Blessing of Might, Salvation, Tranquil Air AND windfury! Now top all of those buffs off with Blessing of kings and you have some truly staggering DPS possibilities.
I love your guild leader, this was exactly my thought! Horde PvE progression was terrible in comparison to alliance, because we held sheer numbers over them AND all the great paladin aura's & blessings helping them. Now they will be able to catch up to us and enjoy the same great progression. I for one will probably delete my human pally and roll a BE Paladin!
Kynaeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 06:11 AM   #10
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Well I've taken to horde a lot, so I'm planning to level a Horde character for PVE. Not sure which class/race combo though...any ideas?

I've a hunter and warrior, both 60, on alliance.