Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 04-03-2001, 05:41 PM   #1
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Following up a topic raised on the Baldur's Gate 2 Forum: How many of you gamers are Female? And what age group are you in? Some of us on the BGII Forum believe there are far more female gamers than the game creators believe!

For myself, I am Female, aged 64, and have been playing computer games for 6-7 years.

How about you?

------------------
Smile! Life is too short for bitching!

Fljotsdale
Old 04-03-2001, 05:57 PM   #2
Melusine
Dracolisk

Hello F (you said I could call you that right? )
We have had some of these threads before, Moiraine will be happy to find this one, so thanks for starting it! She emancipated the board when some chauvinist pig made a topic called sth like: "what is your favorite NPC (femal of course)"
Of course? OF COURSE????? Anyway I have been on the Forum from August last year and became a member in October. I am 20 years old, will be 21 in a month, and am a student of English literature. I am currently working part time in a clothes store and have put the study on hold because of M.E. (chronic fatigue) but I hope to resume it next year (if you wonder why I can't do the study but CAN do the job.....I can't but I still need to make money )
Nice that you enjoy gaming so much! What I really love about this forum is the diversity with regard to its members' ages, occupations, locations, gender, character etc.

------------------
Melusine, Archbabe of the OHF and the LH

Your voice is ambrosia
Old 04-03-2001, 06:14 PM   #3
Fljotsdale

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
Hello F (you said I could call you that right? )

Yep! F is fine!
I graduated from University at age 60! I did English Language and Literature, grat fun! Most students were MUCH younger than me, obviously, but they were great! Only met one who was rude because of my age.
I'm sorry you have M.E.. Must be pretty devastating. I understand about having to work and not having enough energy to study as well. I hope you get back to it soon! Uni is too much fun to miss out on!

------------------

Fljotsdale
Old 04-03-2001, 06:22 PM   #4
bilqis
Symbol of Cyric

Hi Fljotsdale! Nice to see you here!!

I'm 44 (well, I will be next week), and I've been playing Computer games for ...gosh... 10 years? Oh no.... 15 years! Time does fly doesn't it!

We are a family (husband & 4 sons) who are computer-holics. I couldn't begin to tell you how many computer games we have, because I just don't know. We don't have knick-knacks in our house, we have CD towers!

------------------

Sometimes I think I
understand everything,
then I regain consciousness.

Most Happy Taker of Zeeke
and member of the
Moon's Hope Inn
Ladies Guild
Old 04-03-2001, 06:25 PM   #5
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Hi I'm a male 37 and this looks like a great place for picking up women. Yes I am desperate
Old 04-03-2001, 06:35 PM   #6
Fljotsdale

Quote:
Originally posted by bilqis:
Hi Fljotsdale! Nice to see you here!!

We are a family (husband & 4 sons) who are computer-holics. I couldn't begin to tell you how many computer games we have, because I just don't know. We don't have knick-knacks in our house, we have CD towers!

LOL! Saves on the dusting, though! I hope you all have your own computers, or I can see big fights occurring in your house! I have 30 games at present, but have played more - I give 'em to my grandsons when I've played 'em to death!

------------------

Fljotsdale
Old 04-03-2001, 06:38 PM   #7
Fljotsdale

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord of Alcohol:
Hi I'm a male 37 and this looks like a great place for picking up women. Yes I am desperate
Well, that's 3 women to one man so far! So you should count yourself happy, lol!

------------------

Fljotsdale
Old 04-03-2001, 06:43 PM   #8
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Last time I checked I was female (whew!). Age 35 here. I have noticed that with the males the age ranges here on this board are from 13 to 50-something. But us female rpgers seem to be on the older side. Melusine I think is our youngest. No teenagers at all. Go figure?!

------------------
Old 04-03-2001, 06:51 PM   #9
Epona
Zartan

Hi F,
Doing my duty & checking in to stand up & be counted!!

I'm 30 and have been playing computer games since getting a Sinclair Spectrum in the early '80s. Thank goodness technology has moved on a bit since then, because there was nothing quite as disheartening as playing a cassette to the computer for half an hour then the game failing to load (and yes, I mean a cassette with a computer game on, not Tom Jones' Greatest Hits). Those of you too young to remember that particular technological frustration can consider yourselves lucky - I started biting my nails at around the same time!!!

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas and The Ladies Guild.
Old 04-03-2001, 06:59 PM   #10
Fljotsdale

Hi, Epona! Now it's 4-1

And, erm, that sounds like it was fun (not!)

------------------

Fljotsdale