Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 09-16-2001, 06:30 AM   #1
ForgeX
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi pplz!
I am having big trouble with both SoA and ToB since I installed ToB recently. Whenever i play the game it lags! Thats right it LAGS!!! Now i find this very annoying because the whole game freezes for like a second at regular 3-4second intervals, which ensures a difficult gaming session.
My computer is a 600 P3 with Voodoo3 3000 and it has had no problem running games with much higher specifications than ToB.
This problem occured after i installed ToB.

If any can help me, in anyway at all it would be most appreciated!!
Thanks!

------------------
One moment of weakness....
An eternity of pain....
Old 09-16-2001, 07:13 AM   #2
ForgeX
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Bump!

------------------
An eternity of pain....
Old 09-16-2001, 07:40 AM   #3
Istaron
Banned User

Happens to me too, even when I didn't had ToB installed. I can play for an hour or so before it gets too terrible to play.
I don't know why this happens, though I suspects I have to less RAM (128). Buying more of that may be a solution.
Other, windows eat you RAM. The fastest of all windows is the 95, so installig that may help too.
Lastly, you should turn off unnecesary programs running (ICQ, Getright ect). They a lot of RAM

------------------
We call him Bobby Corwen
Old 09-16-2001, 07:57 AM   #4
Chan
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi...
There can be lots of reasons about you problem.But i am sure that it is not cause of ram cause i played this game in 32 mb ram once and it worked fast i have 64 ram right now and also fast..
The exact solution is a little bit long but it will work.backup your saves and uninstall it.Then reinstall again.Also do not forget that if you ve full installation it will load muc much much faster.These will work but if not i am unhapply saying that try to decrease some sound graphic effects..

------------------
Wy WorDs WilL Speak ThE
TrUtH, my StreNgtH WilL aid The WeaKen OneS, And mY WisDom Show The Light....
Old 09-16-2001, 09:47 AM   #5
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

This is a known ToB bug. Get your game patched from www.bioware.com. Other things to try are switching off your EAX (in the Game Options screen).

------------------
Old 09-17-2001, 05:46 AM   #6
ForgeX
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks alot guys!

------------------
An eternity of pain....
Old 09-17-2001, 05:59 AM   #7
PoesRaven
Manshoon

thats if you can get bioware to reply