Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2005, 06:54 AM   #31
lost prophet
Drow Warrior

LOL you still going, i havnt checked back here in a while.

The freezing auras of certain creatures in the "ice area" are not going to be kind for you since you will probably die as soon as you touch one. Also IIRC there is a certain amount of overgrown enemies in that region that deal more damage than you have hit points, even without a CH

good work! keep it up!.
Old 04-04-2005, 08:27 AM   #32
Midget Gems

Lost Prophet, thanks for the encouragement.

Meanwhile, does anyone know of a way to stop the monsters from re-spawning in the first cave of Dorn’s Deep? Each time my little Gnomes clear this area they need to rest and recover, so it is slowing us down considerably. I can foresee the need to restock our supplies several times during the next few areas and passing through this cave will be a pain. I wondered if there was a bug fix or mod that can stop this, at the moment I have IWD + HOW + Patch.
Old 04-05-2005, 06:46 AM   #33
lost prophet
Drow Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Midget Gems:
Lost Prophet, thanks for the encouragement.
Im having trouble figuring out if theres sarcasm there due to my less than optimistic account of the monsters up ahead. I just though id clear it up. I was referring to the huge amount of work you've done to get there.

( If there was no sarcsm there then ive just made myself look like a fool eh? )
Old 04-06-2005, 08:30 AM   #34
Midget Gems

Lost P, when I wrote that line I figured it could be read both ways.
It is good that you are taking an interest and understand the effort I have made, but at the same time it’s difficult to find anything to look forward to. Normally there is a reward for reaching a milestone – a level-up with new skills and abilities – but ever since I completed Dragon’s Eye there hasn’t been a key moment of achievement, just a long hard slog. I need a new goal to aim at, perhaps the first Badge or reaching Wyrm’s Tooth could be the aim, but it’s a bit lacking in focus at the moment. As I collect scrolls and potions I save most of them for the next big showdown, maybe Terikan will provide me with the chance to fire off some of my ‘big guns’. Meanwhile I'm picking my way through the Drow area, difficulty is set to Normal at the moment. MG
Old 04-06-2005, 09:17 AM   #35
lost prophet
Drow Warrior

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

No task is impossible, it needs to be chopped down into lots of little gnome sized problems and each one overtaken until the initially "impossible" problem is easily done. Therefore instead of only viewing a gain in ability as the only milestone think of some others.
As you know you are quite far in the game that in itself is an achievment but so is every little thing you do now, every battle won ( no matter how small ) every map or quest finished is a milestone for six level one characters with hardly any hitpoints ot THAC0.
If you look at it that way then your long hard slog just got cut up into about one hundred milestones you have achieved and conquered.

prophet,
Old 04-06-2005, 12:26 PM   #36
Midget Gems

Ah yes - lots of little Gnome sized problems.... CHARGE!
Old 04-10-2005, 03:42 PM   #37
Midget Gems

Ok, so that's one Gnome sized problem completed - just five more to go. But if I have to go back through that mushroom cave, again, I shall scream! Each time I do it costs me another 3 or 4 reloads. Grrrrrr.
Old 04-13-2005, 08:27 AM   #38
Midget Gems

Ok fellow adventurers, my Gnomes need your advice (& will involve spoilers).
I’m entering the Tiers of the Undead and need to get rid of the Lich, Terikan. Do I have to fight him or can I just avoid him and proceed straight to the Hall of Heroes. If I do sneak, or run, through his area will he reappear and prevent me reaching his tomb. Obviously, I’m keen not to get into a big fight and needless to say I don’t especially want the XP.
Afterwards I hope I can raid all the tombs in one session (if my skills are good enough) and no doubt I’ll have to struggle back through the cavern with the Ettins, in order to sell the loot and restock my supplies – again.
Old 04-14-2005, 10:37 AM   #39
NobleNick
Quintesson

Midget Gems,

I have enjoyed following your party's adventures for quite some time; and feel that it is high time to join the discussion on your little experiment:

I am totally in awe. I figured you would give up by late VoS, and cannot even fathom how you made it past the final DE battle on ANY difficulty setting.

Wish I could offer you some help with the Ettins; but I am sure that they are an intended feature and not a bug. I've used these guys a lot as XP boosters.

--------------------
What's a party,
without a song?
Bards ROCK!
Party On!!
NobleNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 10:02 AM   #40
ZFR
Legion Symbol

I think I saw your gnomes on the 6 o'clock news