Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-2002, 11:12 AM   #1
Halaster
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I was just wondering if there was any way in the game (beside alignment changing items) to actually make an evil aligned PC become a force of good. Anyone know if that is possible?
I tried solving the tears of Bhaal tests with the "good" solutions, nor will answering to the Solar in ToB make my alignment change.
Halaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2002, 11:16 AM   #2
J'aran
Mephistopheles

AFAIK, there is no way you can change the alignment of an evil player character within the game. If you are good or neutral, you'll become evil by doing the 'Tears of Bhaal'-quests in an evil way, but besides using ShadowKeeper, you can't change an evil alignment.
J'aran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2002, 11:50 AM   #3
fable
Quintesson

The only game I've seen do anything like that is Planescape: Torment, where your alignment changes to mirror your in-game actions and responses. You can not only move between evil and good, but between chaotic and lawful in this fashion.
fable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2002, 12:51 PM   #4
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

quote:
Originally posted by fable:
The only game I've seen do anything like that is Planescape: Torment, where your alignment changes to mirror your in-game actions and responses. You can not only move between evil and good, but between chaotic and lawful in this fashion.

Yeah, you had to be lawfull good to use those Tears that raise your con. by one. It took me hours to change mine.
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2002, 01:18 PM   #5
fable
Quintesson

quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer128:

Yeah, you had to be lawfull good to use those Tears that raise your con. by one. It took me hours to change mine.

My fave alignment-changing device was that intelligent book which taught spells if you committed evil deeds, and offered selfish advice. If you checked it often enough, you'd move from good to neutral to evil.

Sorry for venturing out of category, here.
fable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2002, 08:54 AM   #6
Halaster
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hrm!
Guess nothing can change the nature of a man then in BG2...
Halaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2002, 04:11 PM   #7
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

quote:
Originally posted by fable:

My fave alignment-changing device was that intelligent book which taught spells if you committed evil deeds, and offered selfish advice. If you checked it often enough, you'd move from good to neutral to evil.

Sorry for venturing out of category, here.

lol, I loved that book. Selling your companions as slaves! I really should play an evil mage sometime.
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote