Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 04-27-2009, 06:13 AM   #21
Wolf Rider2
Elminster

Default Re: W&W - First time player

That sounds like a good idea. I'm sure she won't mind. I noticed when I bought it back from her and sold it to her to get another potion, I got more money from selling it. That's a little weird.
Wolf Rider2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 06:59 AM   #22
Radek
Red Dragon

It's a W&W classics: bugs, bugs, bugs ... You can do things which you weren't supposed to do, occur on places where you weren't sopposed to occur, and achieve effects you weren't supposed to achieve. The attractivity of W&W consists not in playing the game the "lebitimate" way but in searching and trying tricks it allows. There are many such tricks in W&W.
Old 04-27-2009, 07:44 AM   #23
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

LOL! The salads have given rise to what I think is the most well-known phrase 'round these parts... they *WILL* hunt you down!

Once they've been activated, the salads will follow you all the way to the doors of Ishad N'ha. Really sucks when the first thing you get after leaving town is a faceful of poison gas... three times over!

Radek's got you a good answer. My preferred method is to use storm spells from a safe distance... if you've got 'em, that is.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 05:59 PM   #24
Wolf Rider2
Elminster

I shall keep all that in mind. Leaving them for now to complete Serpent Temple. Those priests are so creepy! Kreug is the only one that looks almost normal. But I've killed most of them now. On my way to *apparently* meet my doom at the fangs of Xydusa. Somehow, I don't think so.
Old 04-28-2009, 07:40 AM   #25
Wolf Rider2
Elminster

Oh, having trouble getting H'Thark out by the way. I can't find the key to his cell anywhere. Was that weird Inquisitor priest supposed to have it?
Old 04-28-2009, 10:23 AM   #26
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Yes, The Inquisitor would have had the key to H'Thark's cell. It's been a while but I believe you don't actually have to free H'Thark but that probably is the easier way to go.

H'Thark tells you about the ritual of the serpent which you will need later - the ritual is described in the best tips thread.

You can also (shudder) torture H'Thark as an alternative to giving him the lockpicks he expects.

Wyv
Old 04-28-2009, 11:04 AM   #27
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

And if you *divide* the lockpicks, you can give him one and keep the other two. I'm not sure what level they are, but I know that they're better than level 1.

It's been a while for me too, so I don't remember if the Inquissssitor has the key, or if there's a certain Torturer who does. If you didn't get the key, it would have been left on the ground where the offending priest died...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 05:53 PM   #28
Wolf Rider2
Elminster

I couldn't find it anywhere... Maybe because I didn't actually fight him, I waited for the doors of his room to crush him to pieces. Oh well. I looked at the archives. Much easier.
Old 04-29-2009, 03:45 AM   #29
Radek
Red Dragon

Keys in W&W didn't vanish. If you can remember where you have fought the Inquisitor then go there and look on the ground. The key should be still there.
Old 04-29-2009, 04:01 AM   #30
Wolf Rider2
Elminster

Yeah, I found it... hehe. Thanks guys.