Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2001, 10:11 PM   #1
Lady Avalon
Emerald Dragon

This happens after a battle and someone has been hit with some kind of spell. After the battle is over, one of my characters starts fighting the other members of the party. What can I do to stop this from happening?

------------------

Seeker of Truth
Old 04-06-2001, 10:22 PM   #2
Vanyel
Dungeon Master

All I can think of is try to click on that member ( who is attacking ) and try to move them. They may also be confused so you have no control over them.

------------------
Count The Shells,
Suck-A-Duck!

~General of the Dark Overlord's Army of Darkness~
Old 04-06-2001, 10:25 PM   #3
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

This happens when one of your characters has been hit with a mind spell (i.e. confuse/charm). I would just move all of my other characters away until the spell wore off. You could also try using dispell magic or charm on the 'affected' character.

------------------

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear ignorant,
than open it and remove all doubt!
Old 04-06-2001, 10:38 PM   #4
onthepequod
Quintesson

I agree with Moridin. However, if the confused/charmed character starts to attack one of your weaker characters you might try putting your lowest AC character in between them and then lead the confused/charmed character away to a safer spot.
Old 04-06-2001, 10:56 PM   #5
IdiotRogue
Manshoon

If the character involved is Nalia or Anomen, *W*A*S*T*E* them!!!

Seriously, the above mentioned solutions sound good. I've also used the spell "Hold Person."

------------------
- for cut rate prices call 976-BRIS-FOR-LESS {Next time I send some damned fool, I'll go myself...}
Old 04-06-2001, 11:23 PM   #6
Lady Avalon
Emerald Dragon

Thanks for the great advice. I will try this next time it happens.

------------------

Seeker of Truth
Old 04-07-2001, 01:53 AM   #7
Aurican
Elminster

You could always use a slight cheat and hit ctrl+t to dispel all spell effects on your party. It wouldn't be as bad if it were after a battle instead of during.

------------------
Can an elf get a break anywhere these days?
Old 04-07-2001, 06:42 AM   #8
Epona
Zartan

ITEM SPOILERS
Another tip is when you have a priest with high enough level - cast chaotic commands on your best fighter before a battle involving spellcasters or umberhulks - both of which like to cast confusion.

Also try to equip your entire party with items that have a 'mind shield' (for example the Shield of Harmony, Helm of Glory, Lilarcor 2H sword, Spear of the Unicorn). These will protect your party members from being charmed. You won't have some of these until later in the game though. I won't spoil about locations of these items unless you ask though.

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas and The Ladies Guild.