Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 02-22-2017, 06:07 PM   #1
Eagle eye
Elminster

Default Tried to get it started again...

Got two old laptops, both running XP with 512Mb RAM...

On the second I installed the game and it runs pretty good- the black inventory/menu screens I sort of fixed by changing the in-game graphics setting, so now it flickers instead of going completely black. A bit annoying but at least playable. It crashes occasionally in big fights even having freed up memory so I may need to up it to 1GB.

The first (IBM Thinkpad R40e) I'm having a bit of trouble with, however. The install went fine, I started the game, the opening movie played. Sweet. After the movie I got a prompt about SOMETHING (possibly directX? DirectDraw?), but in my haste to play I hit "don't show this message again" and cancel. The game crashes. And now it crashes every time the movie finishes, but without said prompt.

I have been a fool! Any tips? Ideally I'd like to get that message box back (and read it this time!)

Thanks (and hello!)
Eagle eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 07:38 PM   #2
Shadow Stranger

Default Re: Tried to get it started again...

Try reading the "Tech Tips (game not working? Read this!)" sticky topic. It may or may not have the answers you seek.
Shadow Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 09:28 AM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Default Re: Tried to get it started again...

Hope you are able to get it running, Eagle eye!!!

I haven't played this game in years - not sure I could get it running. Keep us posted on your progress!!