Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-05-2001, 06:05 PM   #1
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

the following questions are directed to ALL PHYSICALLY HEALTHY AND NOT DISABLED people who crawls in their fear and think themselves intelligent so that they dont have to do anything else...

if you are so smart here, why dont I see any mutibillionaire here? why are you getting up so early to go to work and work his ass-off for a pay check?

if you are so smart here, why I sometimes see you get into a life full of crap and mess?

if you are so smart here, why are you working from Janurary to May just to pay taxes?

if you are so smart here, why are you so physically weak? I mean, a intelligent AND HEALTHY AND NOT DISABLED IN ANYWAY guy sure knows how to descipline his mind, and force himself to work-out

if you are so smart here, why cannot you answer the question that you are so very screwed up and you cannot help yourself but to hide somewhere, and thinking yourself smarter than everyone else?

your intelligence does not make up your health, your personal strength, your social ability, your intellectual skills, and it certainly wont make you look good. so stop braging and start improving yourself

intelligent DON'T make up everything!!

if you are offended most by this post, know that you are the one that I am talking about here

Self Appointed Idiot Basher

[This message has been edited by 250 (edited 09-06-2001).]
Old 09-05-2001, 06:09 PM   #2
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Uh, 250. So why are you here?

------------------
Order of the Holy Flame
Member of Clan HADB
Laughing Hyena

Old 09-05-2001, 06:12 PM   #3
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

firstly, we are smart. not lucky.
secondly, were human, and therefore crap happens to us and we usually cant help it.
thirdly, we dont want to get a tax audit!
fourthy, i may just be speaking for myself, but why would you need strength when you can merely outmaneuver and outthink your foe?
fifthly, as i said before, we are humans and there are things we cant do. also, the full mind tends to be the most addled at times...
and umm... intelligence DOES make up inellectual skills... thats why intellectual is a form of intelligence. and personal strength... theres a difference between personal strength and strength of body. and the social ability and looks thing... well ill admit your right there, but you also certainly cant be telling us what to do... we have limits in certain things, and how can we make ourselves look better? and social ability is learned from childhood usually, so therefore many people cannot learn that here.
o, and dont diss the brains. if your a kid, chances are youll end up working for one. and if your an adult, chances are you already do.

------------------
It's simple. Once the Planet is hurt, it gathers Spirit Energy to heal the injury. The amount of energy gathered depends on the size of the injury...What would happen if there was an injury that threatened the very life of the Planet? Think how much energy would be gathered! Ha, ha, ha. And at the center of that injury, wil be me. All that boundless energy will be mine. By merging with the energy of the Planet, I will be come a new life form, a new existence. Melding with the Planet, I will cease to exist as I am now. Only to be reborn as a 'God' to rule over every living soul.

Super Sephiroth, slayer of the Uber Fluffy, and battle co-ordionator and defender of the HADB clan.
Old 09-05-2001, 06:12 PM   #4
debiler
Red Wizard of Thay

Hm. If I don´t work, I´m smart. Kinda pleases me.

------------------
Calvin the bold - the malt beer lord is in!
Old 09-05-2001, 06:16 PM   #5
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

I never said hanging here is a sign of stupidty

I am thinking there is a very wide spread misconception here

that is, if someone is physically weak, they make up excuses to make themsleves feel good "oh, I am smart than most people I know." like it is a good thing

so what? wake up, dude, so is everyone else smart! and not everyone is physically weak. I don't consider myself strong, and I never once think my intelligence can make up the flaw.

your intelligence is your last mental barrier to protect that pathetic pride. I am sorry if I just attacked it, sure you don't feel good, right? that's good

because when you don't feel good about something, that is when life is knocking on your head says "wake up, there is something I want you to learn" and if you don't learn, you end up getting worse and let life pushes you around. the worst you can come up with is "I am smart, so everything else doesn't count."

do you feel the sting? good, because if you do, then you are the one that I am talking to here, and hopefully that will activate your brain and make you start thinking.
Old 09-05-2001, 06:22 PM   #6
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

hey, the general population is NOT smart. thats why there is a welfare system, and bottom rung jobs that are being filled by adults. and also, intelligence CAN make up for lack of strength... at least in my mind it can. as long as you keep in shape you dont have to have big muscles... just the ability to run fast, move quickly, and pull your own body weight. and dont refer to my pride as 'pathetic'. it gets offended by this, and there is much more there than my intelligence to hold it up.
and i can tell from your first post that language ability isnt your strong point... i noticed some bad grammar at the end. also, dont say my lack of puncuation/capitalization is an error, because i mean to do things like this. saves time, as you might guess, and i tend to avoid wasting my precious time.

------------------
It's simple. Once the Planet is hurt, it gathers Spirit Energy to heal the injury. The amount of energy gathered depends on the size of the injury...What would happen if there was an injury that threatened the very life of the Planet? Think how much energy would be gathered! Ha, ha, ha. And at the center of that injury, wil be me. All that boundless energy will be mine. By merging with the energy of the Planet, I will be come a new life form, a new existence. Melding with the Planet, I will cease to exist as I am now. Only to be reborn as a 'God' to rule over every living soul.

Super Sephiroth, slayer of the Uber Fluffy, and battle co-ordionator and defender of the HADB clan.
Old 09-05-2001, 06:23 PM   #7
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

no shit, I will not end up working for someone

and it is "we cannot do this" & "we cannot do that" makes you less than satisfied in your life.

the best salesman talks about "how to sell what others cannot sell"

the best investor talks about "how to predict something others cannot predict"

the best scientist talks about "how to find a solution to problems that others think no solutions"

the best revolutionist talks about "how to change a society and people's well being when most people are suffering, and it seems to have no hope"

the best lawyer talks about "winning a case that is impossible to win"

the best you can do is to stop thinking about what you cannot do

the least you can do is start looking for ways to acheieve financial independence
Old 09-05-2001, 06:24 PM   #8
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by SSJ4Sephiroth:
hey, the general population is NOT smart. thats why there is a welfare system, and bottom rung jobs that are being filled by adults. and also, intelligence CAN make up for lack of strength... at least in my mind it can. as long as you keep in shape you dont have to have big muscles... just the ability to run fast, move quickly, and pull your own body weight. and dont refer to my pride as 'pathetic'. it gets offended by this, and there is much more there than my intelligence to hold it up.
and i can tell from your first post that language ability isnt your strong point... i noticed some bad grammar at the end. also, dont say my lack of puncuation/capitalization is an error, because i mean to do things like this. saves time, as you might guess, and i tend to avoid wasting my precious time.

I am chinese
Old 09-05-2001, 06:25 PM   #9
debiler
Red Wizard of Thay

I know exactly what you mean, and I understand your point. The problem is that not everyone realizes it. Being smart and intelligent is of importance in life and can make you happy, but it´s not everything that counts because it can make you ignorant, too.

------------------
Calvin the bold - the malt beer lord is in!
Old 09-05-2001, 06:26 PM   #10
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

A lot of these answers will mimic SSJ4's

if everyone is so smart here, why dont I see any mutibillionaire here? why is everyone getting up so early to go to work and work his ass-off for a pay check?
Do you think that every smart person is a billionaire, or doesn't get up early to go to work? Actually most 'smart' people, and yes I include myself, get up earlier than others to go to work!

if everyone is so smart here, why I sometimes see you get into a life full of crap and mess? B/C like SSJ4 said, just b/c you are smart does not mean bad things don't happen to you! Look at Stephen Hawking, probably one of the foremost astrophysists of our time and he is confined to a wheelchair and cannot speak...'smart' does not mean 'easy life'

if everyone is so smart here, why are you working from Janurary to May just to pay taxes? Last time I checked 'smart' people had to pay taxes too! It is actually the 'dumb' people that don't b/c they don't have the brains to get a job!

if everyone is so smart here, why are you so physically weak? I mean, a intelligent guy sure knows how to descipline his mind, and force himself to work-out Maybe we are too busy becoming billionaires

if everyone is so smart here, why cannot you answer the question that you are so very screwed up and you cannot help yourself but to hide somewhere, and thinking yourself smarter than everyone else? Some of the most brilliant minds to ever live have also been some of the most screwed up minds to ever live. Again do not assume 'smart' means 'easy life'.

your intelligence does not make up your health, your personal strength, your social ability, your intellectual skills, and it certainly wont make you look good. so stop braging and start improving yourself Well your intelligence actually does make up you intellectual skills

intelligent DON'T make up everything!!

whoever is offended most by this post, know that you are the one that I am talking about here

I know where you are coming from on this. The 'stats' thread on the user created forum. I agree with you that most people are over estimating their intelligence. I mean come on Einstein would probably be a 19, so to give yourself an 18 is a bit much! On the otherhand, I think you need to take a closer look at your own intelligence 250! I don't mean to be mean, but the above post was a little 'unitelligent'

------------------

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig
I've got to admit it's getting better, it's getting better all the time
Bossman of Better Funny Stuff.....of the Laughing Hyenas!