Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 10-06-2000, 10:11 AM   #1
Caseman

I'm a little confused here.. A while back on the Crypt level my priest have the toady his potion for the guild promotion.. blah blah blah.. everything is fine. Now, 2 days later my warrior has been promoted to paladin, and for craps and giggles I walk back in the the first town and ask the temple for a job with my new paladin selected. And he tells her to give this potion to the toady guy again. I got the same quest twice.. does this mean that I'm gonna have to clear out the Toad village from the evil again?? Granted it'll be alot easier this time but still.. something is wrong here..

Old 10-06-2000, 10:20 AM   #2
Freak

Did you give the potion to the toad the first time? For me I got whatever quest my priest was on when I switched over. If I was on the first I got the toad later another fighter switced over and I got the ring of saints one and not the first two.

DL

Old 10-06-2000, 10:22 AM   #3
Caseman

I did give it to the toad.. and I know the game accepted it cause my priest got credit for it from the Guildmaster

Old 10-06-2000, 02:45 PM   #4
Freak

No you will just have to give the toad the potion again.

From the sound of it you didn't let your priest get recognized as completed the quest. After you give the toad the potion just go to the guild and have the character selected and wiat until he is done talking WITHOUT clicking on anything and you will now have completed the quest and can do the next quest, which i think has to be the easiest guild quest so far.

Hope that helps if not reply back and I will try to be more clear

Old 10-06-2000, 02:48 PM   #5
Caseman

NO, I did.. if I look in the quest log is say Completed.. I know it was done.
AND.. if I take my priest and ask the same guy for a job, he says he has nothing for me.. So my priest def. completed the quest the first time

Old 10-06-2000, 02:53 PM   #6
Freak

Wierd I only got nothing for you after I did 3 quests for the priest or asked while in a quest.

For your priest

Did you deliver the potion

Give the temple money

Retrive the ring of the saints

those were all the quests I got in the 1st town. Since I am not quite at the second town I don't know what is after that.

Old 10-06-2000, 03:04 PM   #7
Caseman

That's what I mean.. My priest did all those quests, and got credit for them, or so the journal says. and like I said.. my priest can't get any more quests from that guy.. but for some reason my nre Paladin can... wierd huh?

Old 10-06-2000, 03:05 PM   #8
Freak

Yea it is.

Oh well just do the quests again and get his rank up to 3 can't hurt.

Old 10-06-2000, 05:28 PM   #9
lumieres

Okay, this is how it seems to work. Any individual character completes a "guild" quest once. However, if you have two characters in the same guild each one can get credit for the quest at the same time or at differing times.

This seems to apply only to "guild" quests. NPC and town hall quests are already shared by all the party. What follows is a shining example of being both an idiot and poor.

I have two warriors but each joined the guild at different times (not enough brains on my part or enough gold in the game...or maybe I'm just too tight with the gold??). So warrior1 gets the quest, completes it, and gets the credit. Now warrior2 joins and gets the quest, completes it, and gets the credit. Same thing happened when my wizard joined the priests' guild.

Now how much of the quest do you have to redo??? Well, from experience I know you have to give the potion to the toad-by-the-lake each time (guild quest), but you only get to kill the swampy-slime-monsters once (note: this wasn't a guild quest, but an NPC quest). I simply revisited the toad village, came back to Valeia and got credit for the rumor-of-war quest(warriors' guild). I don't think I really had to revisit the toad village... I just went to see if I would get the kill the swampy-slime-monsters again.

The only (guild) quest I haven't gotten twice (when my characters were out of sync) was the find the Saints' Ring quest. The priest got it first (wizard wasn't in guild yet... money or greed again... don't remember which... lol) and completed it. However, my wizard/warlock was never give the quest and I tried several times.

I hope this helps.

Old 10-06-2000, 05:31 PM   #10
Caseman

Perfect.. that's exactly the kinda stuff I was wondering.

Thanks Lumieres