Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 09-12-2003, 12:20 PM   #1
Shotgun
Manshoon

I've heard that you can upgrade a certain horn with two jewels to get a much cooler horn. I have all of the pieces, but unfortunately, the guy who's able to make this item was killed in a battle I had after returning from the Underdark. One of the enemy soldiers took him out within two seconds of showing up. How can I upgrade this horn when the guy no longer exists?

Oh, his death happened a long, long time ago, so I can't simply go back and do the fight again.
Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2003, 12:30 PM   #2
Faceman
Hathor

Legally you can't. I also wonder how you managed to get into a battle there (are you sure you're talking about hte right place/guy?)

You can however try to CLUA him back in if you want to cheat. Roleplaying wise he is dead and as he was the only one around who could help you in that "not-so-important-anyway-minor-not-plot-related quest" there's no other possibility.
Old 09-12-2003, 12:33 PM   #3
Dace De'Briago
Silver Dragon

Besides, the horn is crap

*grinz*
Old 09-12-2003, 01:47 PM   #4
Feral
Elminster

Oh, man! I just upgraded mine and was really looking forward to using it for the first time. Like the horn of blasting, eh?

Shotgun - how did you get into a battle "there"?
Old 09-12-2003, 01:49 PM   #5
Legos
The Magister

*Agrees to the Above statement*

So you got into a fight in WAUKEENS PROMENADE?
With the Githyanki perhaps?

But WHY would the enemy attack such an bystander?

Are you sure you´r talking about the right guy?
The one who is...

**SPOILER**

...a merchant standing on a platform in the western part of waukeens promenade.
Legos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2003, 02:48 PM   #6
Shotgun
Manshoon

Yup, I swear that's what happened. I was in the Promenade looking at the stuff the guy was selling (he's the bald, fat guy who sells weapons right next to the painter, right?), and all of a sudden, the Githyanki pop up, start the dialogue and just start fighing. Since my PC had been talking to the seller and was standing right next to him, he ended up getting hit somehow and was toast. It happened so quickly, I didn't notice it until the fight was over--the rest of my party was on the main ground, not up with my PC, so I had to get them ready with the rest of the Githyanki.
Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2003, 08:26 PM   #7
Olorin

Breakout Champion Hexxagon Champion
spoiler:
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
I've gotten into that fight with the Githyanki in the Promenade as well. It happens because you have just left the Underdark, and they are set to accost you at the first available opportunity (some maps are off limits to this fight obviously--like the Elf Camp). So if you go to the Promenade as quickly as you can after leaving the Underdark, that's where they will find you. I ran into them closer to the animal cages, and also had some civilian casualties due to the some of the spells the githyanki used. (It's probably quite common to fight them there actually, since you come out of the Underdark carrying lots of loot to sell off, plus the Adventurer's Mart has upgraded it's inventory).
"Many are my names in many countries. Mithrandir among the Elves, Tharkun to the Dwarves; Olorin I was in my youth in the West that is forgotten, in the South Incanus, in the North Gandalf; to the East I go not"

--The Two Towers
Olorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2003, 10:32 PM   #8
Ares

Fighting them in the Slums can be a pain.
Ares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2003, 10:07 AM   #9
teardropmina
Drizzt Do'Urden

the best way to avoid the fight in crowded area is after you're back from the underdark, go exploring the new map areas first (they'll show up somewhere and sometime in those three areas).

ADD: well, you can just not fight with them

[ 09-13-2003, 10:09 AM: Message edited by: teardropmina ]
Old 09-14-2003, 01:56 AM   #10
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

So far, I think I've seen Kruin appear in every District except Government and Graveyard. They like to cast Lightning Bolts, which is probably what killed Maheer. (Other ways for innocents to get killed in this fight: They cast Lightning Bolt at you--and you were wearing the Cloak of Reflection--or one of your party members failed a Save vs. their Chaos spells.)