Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2001, 09:27 AM   #121
Astaldo711
Welcomed New User

Yes, yes, just sarcasm! I'm sorry, I forgot we had pro-terrorist people here. I assumed you folks would realize I was kidding about them being allowed to attack us. And, NO, I'm not calling the people that responded to my message pro-terrorist! Geez, I keep digging myself deeper here. So Nachtrafe, 250, & John d Harris, I'm on YOUR side!
Astaldo711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2001, 09:42 AM   #122
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Astaldo711:
Yes, yes, just sarcasm! I'm sorry, I forgot we had pro-terrorist people here. I assumed you folks would realize I was kidding about them being allowed to attack us. And, NO, I'm not calling the people that responded to my message pro-terrorist! Geez, I keep digging myself deeper here. So Nachtrafe, 250, & John d Harris, I'm on YOUR side!
Nobody on this board is pro-terrorist. Please engage brain before typing.

As far as I'm concerned, there are no 'sides', just a collection of people debating an issue, some of whom do not agree with others.

------------------

Most Ecstatic and Exotic Mistress of the Illuminati
Silver Cheetah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2001, 10:15 AM   #123
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
I too am on your side Astaldo, although probably not as vehemently as the above

The pro-terrorist thing is a bit harsh for the anti-war debaters. It does at times seem like they are supporting the terrorists by making claims that "we brought this upon ourselves" and "let's look at our history before condemning the terrorists". These are irritating posts, but nonetheless true. They are not in support of the terrorist actions, you would need to be a madman to support those murderers, but they are in support of a change in how the western world acts, reacts & thinks, especially in regard to 'lesser' countries. It is unfortunate that we have to use the word 'terrorists' to anger someone so that they respond to our post, usually in a less then resaonable light (much like how sarcasm will get you a response, where straight forward facts will not get you any).

Quote:
Originally posted by Silver Cheetah:
Nobody on this board is pro-terrorist. Please engage brain before typing
Hiya SC...please refrain from the personal attacks on posters, remember attack the post, not the poster
Thanks for the article btw, will respond to it by email later!

------------------

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig
I've got to admit it's getting better, it's getting better all the time
Bossman of Better Funny Stuff.....of the Laughing Hyenas!
Moridin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2001, 11:32 AM   #124
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Yes, yes, just sarcasm! I'm sorry, I forgot we had pro-terrorist people here.
Astaldo!!

You need to read more posts before laying down the sarcasm as you are WRONG. This board tolerates a lot of views, but pro-terrorism is NOT one of them. People who want to look at the long-term causal reasons behind what motivated this attack are NOT pro-terrorist. Is this clear??

------------------
Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2001, 03:04 PM   #125
Diogenes Of Pumpkintown
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
No no no, you misunderstand me, Dio. I meant that you have a certain viewpoint about this issue and that people should expect you and respect your right to have that viewpoint. You may deviate from that viewpoint on occasion but you are unlikely to become a jingoistic, chest-beating militarist advocating that we "nuke the bastards." That's what I meant.

BTW I share a lot of your views about looking at the causal factors behind the attacks as part of a long-term solution, so don't take my comments as a criticism of your perspective.

FWIW I try to take every case on its merits. I hate bandwagons.

Hmmm ... actually, I had the strangest dream last night, and woke up this morning beating my chest and shouting a war cry. I now feel that we should just nuke the bastards.

J/K of course

Thanks for the clarification, Memnoch. I appreciate very much the even handedness displayed by you and the other mods on this forum. Keep up the good work

PS -- will respond to your other email shortly.
Diogenes Of Pumpkintown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2001, 03:28 PM   #126
Dramnek_Ulk

Quote:
Originally posted by Prime2U:

ummmm...no
That is wrong on so many points.... First I would suggest you look into the events that have transpired around Israel since WW2. Israel didn't actually start the battle. And they aren't trying to ethnically cleane the Palestinians. And we definitely DO protect Palestine, if we didn't there would be much more bloodshed in that area. The problem is, every time we step in there and get the two nations to negotiate a peace it never lasts.
America does not protect palestine. America has supplied israel with weapons and allowed them to carry out ethnic cleansing, massacares of refugees and illegal occupation of land. Even the leader of israel Ariel sharon, is a war criminal. The american goverment has always supported israel and has always given bias in the peaces process to them and offered unrealistic terms, Even today the israelis deny the state of palestine exists. This support of israel is the cause of almost all problems in the middle east today. It is also plainly obvious to all that the isreali settle ments are ever edgeing forward on illegaly occupied land

------------------

In nomine Imperatis, guard our armour and our gaze; lubricate our projectile weapons that they do not jam. Bless and brighten the beams of our lasers; fiat lux in tenebris.
He is the Master of Mankind by the will of the gods and master of a million worlds by the might of his inexhaustible armies. He is a rotting carcass writhing invisibly with power from the Dark Age of Technology. He is the Carrion Lord of the Imperium to whom a thousand souls are sacrificed every day.

[This message has been edited by Dramnek_Ulk (edited 10-11-2001).]
Old 10-11-2001, 04:27 PM   #127
John D Harris
Ninja Storm Shadow

Quote:
Originally posted by Diogenes Of Pumpkintown:
Hmmm ... actually, I had the strangest dream last night, and woke up this morning beating my chest and shouting a war cry. I now feel that we should just nuke the bastards.

J/K of course

You're a very cruel man, Here I thunked you had seen the Light

------------------
Crustiest of the OLD COOTS
Airline ticket to Afghanistan $800
High powered rifle with scope $1000
Hotel room with roof access $100
A clean Head shot on that sack of Horse Manure Usuma Bin Laden PRICELESS!

[This message has been edited by John D Harris (edited 10-11-2001).]
John D Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2001, 04:39 PM   #128
Neb
Account deleted by Request

I've heard, somewhere and read it a few places too, that the jews actually BOUGHT quite a bit of the land they now occupy from the palestinians, it was useless land back then and the palestinians were quite happy to get it off their hands in exchange for cash, then when the jews had made the land fertile, irrigated it and such, the palestinians suddenly started taking an interest in getting their land back, can anyone confirm this? I'm not sure that it's true, but I've heard it from reliable sources.
Neb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2001, 05:01 PM   #129
Diogenes Of Pumpkintown
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Moridin:

Hiya SC...please refrain from the personal attacks on posters, remember attack the post, not the poster

Moridin, I think some people are going overboard on the "no personal attacks" thing. I agree that attacks should not be personal, but comments like the Cheetah made above are hardly that. More like a shorthand figure of speech. If somebody said that exact same thing to me, I would NOT take offense at it.
Diogenes Of Pumpkintown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2001, 05:03 PM   #130
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

[quote]Originally posted by Moridin:
[b
Quote:
Thanks for the article btw, will respond to it by email later!

[/B]
In the scheme of things, a request to engage brain before typing is far less offensive than a 'pro-terrorist labelling', Moridin. However, I take your point.

I do not like being lumped into a 'pro-terrorist' category. I do wish people, instead of opting for the old black and white polarity way of thinking would READ our posts, rather than grabbing at the odd sentence here and there and drawing faulty, polarity based conclusions.

I think also it's good to be aware that some posters are not native English speakers. What comes across as tactless or ill said may simply be down to an imperfect command of the language, and not meant quite as it comes across. Just a thought....

------------------

Most Ecstatic and Exotic Mistress of the Illuminati

[This message has been edited by Silver Cheetah (edited 10-11-2001).]
Silver Cheetah is offline   Reply With Quote