Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 10-04-2001, 09:06 PM   #91
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

A favorite, cynical one, of mine is

"If you don't have anything nice to say about somebody, come sit next to me"

can't remember who said it though

------------------

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig
I've got to admit it's getting better, it's getting better all the time
Bossman of Better Funny Stuff.....of the Laughing Hyenas!
Old 10-04-2001, 11:09 PM   #92
Nachtrafe
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by Moridin:
A favorite, cynical one, of mine is

"If you don't have anything nice to say about somebody, come sit next to me"

can't remember who said it though

LOL...A friend of mine on another board uses this

"Maybe mutes are really just people who can't say anything nice."

------------------
"In Memorium of those who are gone, and all those that bought our freedom with their hearts blood!"

"May the Colors of Liberty never run"
Old 10-04-2001, 11:53 PM   #93
Mitro Jellywadder
Quintesson

"It's all fun and games, until someone loses an eye."
Old 10-05-2001, 12:05 AM   #94
Diogenes Of Pumpkintown
Banned User

Okay, Silver Cat Lady, here is a quote which reflects my essence, as I like to perceive it at this particular moment in time

This is from "Walden" by Thoreau:

"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. I did not wish to live what was not life, living is so dear; nor did I wish to practise resignation, unless it was quite necessary. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life, to live so sturdily and Spartan-like as to put to rout all that was not life, to cut a broad swath and shave close, to drive life into a corner, and reduce it to its lowest terms, and, if it proved to be mean, why then to get the whole and genuine meanness of it, and publish its meanness to the world; or if it were sublime, to know it by experience, and be able to give a true account of it in my next excursion."

------------------
Grand High Illuminated Master
Old 10-05-2001, 12:06 AM   #95
John D Harris
Ninja Storm Shadow

"You'll put your eye out"

"Go ahead punk make my day"

"Life's hard, then you DIE"

"Woma lilly walla bippy bobba duwha Woe yeah....AAAGGGG....AAAAGGGGG"

"Never marry one of Ben Cartright's boys, you'll be dead before the credits come up"

------------------

Crustiest of the OLD COOTS
Airline ticket to Afghanistan $800
High powered rifle with scope $1000
Hotel room with roof access $100
A clean Head shot on that sack of Horse Manure Usuma Bin Laden PRICELESS!
Old 10-05-2001, 12:06 AM   #96
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

Procrastinators unite! Tomorrow!

------------------
It's simple. Once the Planet is hurt, it gathers Spirit Energy to heal the injury. The amount of energy gathered depends on the size of the injury...What would happen if there was an injury that threatened the very life of the Planet? Think how much energy would be gathered! Ha, ha, ha. And at the center of that injury, wil be me. All that boundless energy will be mine. By merging with the energy of the Planet, I will be come a new life form, a new existence. Melding with the Planet, I will cease to exist as I am now. Only to be reborn as a 'God' to rule over every living soul.

What are you saying? Are you trying to tell me you have feelings now? Ha, ha, ha... Stop acting as if you're sad. And there's no need to act as if you're angry either. Because, Cloud, you are... a puppet.

Super Sephiroth, slayer of the Uber Fluffy, and battle co-ordionator and defender of the HADB clan.
Follower of the mighty Fallen Paladin himself.
Diplomacy is all and well, but HADB is better!
Head of the IronWorks Intelligence Division
Official Soup Server and bumper of Cloudy's Cafe
Possessor of the Aerie Diamond Head from the ALSB.
Page in the Court of Lady Lioness

Stalking the woodlands,
the Lioness in my sight,
warm feelings doth come,
into my lonely heart
Old 10-05-2001, 07:02 AM   #97
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Diogenes Of Pumpkintown:
Okay, Silver Cat Lady, here is a quote which reflects my essence, as I like to perceive it at this particular moment in time

This is from "Walden" by Thoreau:

"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. I did not wish to live what was not life, living is so dear; nor did I wish to practise resignation, unless it was quite necessary. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life, to live so sturdily and Spartan-like as to put to rout all that was not life, to cut a broad swath and shave close, to drive life into a corner, and reduce it to its lowest terms, and, if it proved to be mean, why then to get the whole and genuine meanness of it, and publish its meanness to the world; or if it were sublime, to know it by experience, and be able to give a true account of it in my next excursion."
Er. Wow. I think... So that's you, huh, Diogenes? Admirable. I mean it.

But, um, I'm with Sephiroth on this - 'Procrastinators unite! Tomorrow!' - but I would LIKE to be like your quote.

I'm rather like a cat - capable of short bursts of vigorous activity followed by long periods of sloth!
------------------

Dubbed Queen of the Illuminati by Diogenes.

[This message has been edited by Fljotsdale (edited 10-05-2001).]
Old 10-05-2001, 07:40 AM   #98
bilqis
Symbol of Cyric

I love quotes... and collect them. SO it's always hard for me to choose 'one', because the one that defines me depends entirely on the day, my mood, what's happening in my life. There is one that I choose to live by to the best of my ability tho: Be Kind, for everyone else is fighting a harder battle

Of course, the one that fits my life at this time is: I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.
------------------

Having abandoned my
search for truth, I am
now looking for a good
fantasy.

For R³ in thanks:
Sometimes I think I
understand everything,
then I regain consciousness.

[This message has been edited by bilqis (edited 10-05-2001).]
Old 10-05-2001, 07:51 AM   #99
Diogenes Of Pumpkintown
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Fljotsdale:
Er. Wow. I think... So that's you, huh, Diogenes? Admirable. I mean it.

But, um, I'm with Sephiroth on this - 'Procrastinators unite! Tomorrow!' - but I would LIKE to be like your quote.

I'm rather like a cat - capable of short bursts of vigorous activity followed by long periods of sloth!

LOL. Well, actually . . . er . . . for me it is more of a LIKE as well . But it's a nice thought
Old 10-05-2001, 07:57 AM   #100
Donut
Jack Burton

It's only the hairs on a gooseberry that stop it from being a grape.

I'm totally hatstand.

------------------

Save Chip - Don't let Sarah win!
Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas
Don't mention the score - I mentioned it once but I think I got away with it!