Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2006, 03:11 PM   #1
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

A couple of weeks ago, I was in Seattle, Washington (home of Lord Kathen and the Gibbies). I was at a user meeting held at a customer of mine, a manufacturer of beef jerky.

Went to dinner at a Thai restaurant that is a favorite of one of the folks there. In fact, he told me to bring a couple of bags of beef jerky as a gift.

I took no more than two steps through the doorway, jerky in hand, when a voice rang out from the back... "Is that for me?"

"Sure is," I hollered back, not knowing who I was talking to. "Brad said to bring some to you, and tell you he was sorry he couldn't be here."

We were sat down, brought a free appetizer, and had an enjoyable meal.

The really *FUN* part came when it was time to pay the bill at this Thai restaurant. The waitress, who was new, took the credit card and brought it back with the paperwork and a pen.

The pen was a standard marketing pen... a normal Bic pen with someone's logo on it.

The logo was for a company called "Critter Control" [img]graemlins/wow.gif[/img]

For those who don't know it, Critter Control is who you call when you have annoying wildlife (raccoons, skunks, rats, etc.) that have set up house where you are, and you want to get rid of them.

Now... the $64,000 question... *WHY* does a Thai restaurant have a Critter Control pen lying around? And no, I don't speak or read Thai well enough to know what's *really* on the menu... [img]graemlins/1puke.gif[/img]

Since it's Brad's favorite place, I traded the waitress a brand new pen for her critter control one. Don't want anyone jumping to any false conclusions... and hopefully I didn't offend her in the process.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 03:18 PM   #2
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

LOL, what, no 'smoked fillet of possum' on that menu? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-11-2006, 03:51 PM   #3
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Like I said, I can't read Thai...

I can't even find a web site that will translate "smoked fillet of possum" into Thai... anyone out there able to help? [img]smile.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 07:40 PM   #4
VulcanRider
Lord Soth

Now people will wonder why a guy giving out "beef" jerky has a "Critter Control" pen...

-----
Help feed animals in shelters with just a mouse click at The Animal Rescue Site !!
VulcanRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 07:59 PM   #5
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

I know, I'm wondering if the beef jerky has something to do with getting rid of those "critters." [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

And doesn't Thai food contain a lot of hot spices? Hot spices are a great cover up for unsavory tasting things LOL.

I'd not return there for a second round Bungleau!

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 08:24 PM   #6
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

ewwww, yikes...
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 08:39 PM   #7
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Strange people, what's so strange about a restaurant having a pen from critter control? I have several pens from The British Council and yet I never been to their office.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 02:01 AM   #8
Callum
Symbol of Cyric

Well I would never have a problem with eating anything anyway... SO long as it tasted nice... If you couldn't even tell from the food, why not go back there? *shrugs*
Old 04-12-2006, 02:18 AM   #9
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Quote:
Originally posted by Kakero:
Strange people, what's so strange about a restaurant having a pen from critter control? I have several pens from The British Council and yet I never been to their office.
Ah ha, now we know where all their pens got off to...
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote