Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-2003, 05:59 PM   #1
Charlak The Axeman
The Magister

I would have emailed but my outlook express is currently not working. Would it be possible to get a portrait from IWD and attach it so that whenever i post it will appear under what i have written? Could you do it or send me instructions how?
Old 02-16-2003, 06:19 PM   #2
Melusine
Dracolisk

Hi Charlak [img]smile.gif[/img]
If you want to add a picture to your signature, you can do it yourself! [img]smile.gif[/img]
It's quite easy. First, take the portrait you want and convert it into a jpeg or gif format. You can convert it very easily by right-clicking on it, choosing "save as" and pick "gif" or "jpeg". Also, at the top of this page, there is a link to the rules and regulations of this forum. Click on it to find the maximum allowed size of your sig picture. Your pic may not exceed this size. To find out what size your picture is, right click on it and choose "Properties"

Now, when your picture is all ready, you need to upload it to a site that allows remote linking. If that is too difficult, I am sure there are several members here that would be happy to upload it for you.
Once you have the address where the picture is hosted, go into your profile (link is in the top right corner of the forum) and enter the following text in the box that says Signature:

[ img]http://www.yourpic.com[ /img]

Remove the spaces before the image tags, and fill in the proper URL instead of the fake address I used.

Hope that was clear, maybe it was an over-obvious explanation but I didn't know how much you'd already know of such things! Good luck [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 02-16-2003, 06:20 PM: Message edited by: Melusine ]