Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-29-2001, 05:57 AM   #21
Charlander
Dungeon Master

I've got some ideas for some spells:

1)
Telekinesis:
When cast, the wizard uses telekinetic abilities to pick up an item that's out of reach, hit a monster (hands) without having to stand right in front of it or to open a door from a distance.

2)
Cure fatigue:
When cast, the priest removes all fatigue from the party.

------------------
...and he walked the earth for centuries, slaying creaturs of the underworld...

-Charlander
Old 10-29-2001, 06:22 AM   #22
Mahlennacht
Drow Warrior

Probably unworkable, possibly plagiarism, but it's just brainstorming...

MIND SCAN

Cleric spell lvl 7
Range: 15'
Casting time: 1 round
Duration: Instant
Saving Throw: Neg.
Area of Effect: 1 creature

When cast, it allows the caster to read the thoughts and true intentions of any friendly or neutral creature. Save at -2 allowed to negate. 30% chance of the creature feeling dizzy or sick and becoming an enemy after being outraged at the invasion of his thoughts.

[yes, I just saw Cronenberg's "Scanners" again]
Old 10-29-2001, 06:39 AM   #23
Barb
Symbol of Cyric

A new character - the surgeon/Elf Cleric

Name - Aaran de Gainsford
Class - cleric
special ability: Full heal, Lay on Hands
Quest: Has to complete quests for the leader of his race
Outcome of quest: May cure a problem for one of the NPC's (e.g give Aerie her wings)
Hp start 74 max 100
Old 10-29-2001, 06:44 AM   #24
Barb
Symbol of Cyric

When you kill some one in a narrow hallway and there stuff ends up in a black paert of the screen so that you have to spend ages searching for it really bugs me. It should always stay highlighted.
Old 10-29-2001, 07:21 AM   #25
ReGiN

Please Chala, make a monk stronghold just for monks!
Seiously the differences between them and a pure fighter is HUGE.
It's really annoying to see them thrown into the same box as fighters and such..
Why not a monastery?

------------------

I saw the movie, but I didn't think the action scenes were THAT good.

Old 10-29-2001, 07:22 AM   #26
ReGiN

Maybe I should have asked teambg instead...
well what is done is done

------------------

I saw the movie, but I didn't think the action scenes were THAT good.

Old 10-29-2001, 07:45 AM   #27
Wurm
Drizzt Do'Urden

Ok just a couple of thoughts,

Make the fog of war dissapear over buildings and towers if you get close enough, the artwork of the game is breathtaking, And its a shame that you couldn't see the detail of some of the buildings (candlekeep) or locals because your characters couldn't get close enough. (If the new game is going to be 3D..ignore me )

Clerics should be offered more choices for Deities. Having only one Evil god to choose from was lame. And how about Tempest? I would love to use a sword as a Cleric

Random Monster encounters...BG 1 had too many BG 2 had hardly any at all.

And what Aragorn1 said about having your NPCs raise you from the dead is also a good point.

Oh and about my first post FALLOUT 3 would ROCK!!

Old 10-29-2001, 08:45 AM   #28
Shagrat The Half Orc

All your ideas....
SUCK HORRIBLY...its true, its true...lemme explain...

MONK STRONGHOLDS??? BARD HOBO'S BEGGING FOR GOLD??? FOG OF WAR IN DREAM SEQUENCE, LOL ON THAT ONE. ANOTHER CLERIC CLASS, LETS SEE, THERE'S ALREADY A MILLION CLASSES LETS MAKE IT A MILLION AND ONE. NOW YOUR JUST ADDING MORE INSIGNIFICANT DETAILS TO AN ALREADY OVERLY ELABORATE, DETAILED GAME.

LETS FACE IT THE MAIN PROBLEMS WITH BG2 IS
1)THE PATHING(COULD BE SOLVED BY MAKING ALL AREAS AND HALLWAYS OPEN AND SPACIOUS)
2)HAVING TO CAST DUMB PROTECTION SPELLS OVER AND OVER AND DOING OTHER SUCH MENIAL, TEDIOUS TASKS(COULD BE SOLVED WITH IMPROVED SCRIPTING SO THEY CAST THEMSELVES AFTER RESTING,AFTER THEY RUN OUT, OR AFTER A SET CONDITION, PREMADE SCRIPTS=CRAP, CURRENT SCRIPT MAKER=NOONE UNDERSTANDS HOW TO USE IT, ETC.) SOLUTION= NEW USER FRIENDLY SCRIPT MAKER EVERYONE CAN UNDERSTAND THAT CAN ALTERED AT ANY TIME DURING THE GAME WITH EASE)
3)IT SUCKS TO HAVE TO COMB THE ENTIRE AREA WITH MOUSE FOR POSSIBLE LOOT-ALREADY BEEN FIXED IN ToB THOUGH-HOLD DOWN TAB STUFF LIGHTS UP
4)ALL KEYBOARD KEYS SHOULD BE CHANGABLE, I WOULD LIKE ALL MY COMMAND KEYS CENTERED IN THE AREA OF MY CHOOSING,THIS IS ONE STEP IN MAKING IT SO I CAN USE MOUSE FOR NAVIGATION ONLY AND KEYBOARD (IE DIABLO II) FOR COMMANDS AND SUCH ONLY, MAKING IT A HAPPIER WORLD FOR ALL
5)HASTE SPELL CAUSING YOUR CHARACTERS TO GET TIRED ALL THE TIME(COULD BE LESS DISTRESSING WITH AN IMPROVED SCRIPTER, SO HASTE CASTS AFTER RESTING)

THATS IT, THOSE ARE THE MAIN PROBLEMS WITH BG2, IF THESE PROBLEMS WERE SOLVED, BG2 WOULD BE A PERFECT GAME. YOU ALL MAY THINK YOU HAVE MORE SIGNIFICANT GRIPES, BUT PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT, IN ACTUALITY, YOUR MOST LIKELY A WHINY NIT PICKER WHO NEEDS TO FIND NEW WAYS OF EXPRESSING HIS CHILDHOOD AGGRESSION. I SUGGEST THERAPY, BUT WHO AM I TO JUDGE.

sorry i had to yell, but naive children need to be lectured every once and a while for their own good

Old 10-29-2001, 08:53 AM   #29
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Shagrat The Half Orc:
YOU ALL MAY THINK YOU HAVE MORE SIGNIFICANT GRIPES, BUT PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT, IN ACTUALITY, YOUR MOST LIKELY A WHINY NIT PICKER WHO NEEDS TO FIND NEW WAYS OF EXPRESSING HIS CHILDHOOD AGGRESSION. I SUGGEST THERAPY, BUT WHO AM I TO JUDGE.

Ease off, mate - no need to be insulting here. Chala asked for a wish list, and so he got one. Not quite sure what expansion he's talking about but if he comes back he can let us all know.

------------------
Old 10-29-2001, 09:08 AM   #30
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
Ease off, mate - no need to be insulting here. Chala asked for a wish list, and so he got one. Not quite sure what expansion he's talking about but if he comes back he can let us all know.

IF he comes back - so nice to see everybody posting suggestions, but I haven't seen him around after he posted that single post...

Oh and Shagrat: "sorry i had to yell, but naive children need to be lectured every once and a while for their own good "
Good advice, you should try it for yourself sometime!

------------------
Melusine, Sultry Elflet,
High Queen of Fluffies,
Archbabe of the OHF,
LH, HADB and ORT!

Your voice is ambrosia
Amy Brown Fantasy Art