Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2003, 05:21 AM   #1
sagtattman
Dungeon Master

hi again everyone im starting to loose my mind totally can any one tell mewhere i might find the other bits of wood in boogreville and how to get hold of the writ to get in to the stout mines ive look all over the place to no avail can any one help please sagtattman
sagtattman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2003, 09:21 AM   #2
Radek
Red Dragon

1. The Worm Sticks. You need only one Worm Stick - it is needed for opening the prison with Grunaxe, then you can throw it away [img]smile.gif[/img] The best way out of the Boogre Prison is running-jumping the walls in the room with stone blocks. It's surprisingly easy - much more easy than trying to solve the puzzle with the Worm Sticks.
IIRC, the Worm sticks are:
- one in the teleporting maze
- one at the Idol of Bongu
- one in the prison with Grunaxe
- one in the S'Keser Da's room

2. The writ. Look at your map. The path to the Stout Mines begins with a loop. You can see a short "blind path" which begins at the north side of the loop and which leads inside the loop. The writ is at the end of the blind path.
Old 11-26-2003, 09:30 AM   #3
So So
Zhentarim Guard

Also the writ is found on a dead body so don't look for it on the ground there look for a dead, charred body and that's where the writ is.
Old 11-26-2003, 01:05 PM   #4
bsftcs
Red Dragon

As to the worm sticks: you can also check out how Stackman's party found the sticks in these three chapters (1, 2, 3).

You can also get a writ by talking to Signeur Pastollio who asks for the writ. If you talk with him and about his thirst. I believe the word "drink" does the trick. He will then offer to give you a spare writ if you give him a cask of boogre brew.
Old 11-27-2003, 04:50 AM   #5
sagtattman
Dungeon Master

thanks again people ive got hold of the writ and im checking out the new wonders of the stout mines ive got passed all the new critters and found the magic ore but how the hell do i dig it up so i can take it back to the king so he can make my new clothes ive tried using the sledge hammer i got of the crazzies but no joy and ive tried using the over sized fire crackers but no joy if you can help it would be much appreciated sagtattman
Old 11-27-2003, 07:44 AM   #6
Radek
Red Dragon

I am lost. Sorry [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] How do you know that you have found the ore if you haven't dug it up? Do you have the ore in your inventory? If you do then go to the king and give it to him.
Not all "ores" in the mines contain the Dragon Ore piece. Only two in the whole dungeon do. The other ores contain either gems or nothing.
If you want to mine the ores then you need a Pick Axe. One Pick Axe is always on the upper floor (that means, on the floor immediately below the trolleys) of the dungeon. Equip the Pick Axe and click the ore.
Note: A warlock (and most likely a mage, too) cannot equip the pick axe. Therefore, a solo warlock cannot dig up the Dragon Ore, complete the quest, and gain the plate mail. A solo warlock has the following possibilities:
1. Bypass Stout Mines and use Vanish in the Erathsmedor's dungeon.
2. Take a mule into the dungeon and let the mule dig up the ore.
Old 11-27-2003, 08:58 AM   #7
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Radek is right. What you have most likely seen are ore piles. You have to dig out their contents by using a pick-axe on them. Most of them contain gems, some of them contain nothing, and two of them contain dragon ore. Once the ore pile has been "breached" its contents become visible and you can pick it up.

However, it is not necessary to have the pick-axe equipped. You can still use it if you just have it in your inventory.
Old 11-27-2003, 11:22 AM   #8
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I'm with bsftcs. I never equip the pick axe; I just use it from my inventory. That is allowed, I believe...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2003, 04:27 PM   #9
sagtattman
Dungeon Master

thanks people i thought it was too easy getting down there and finding the ore i knew there would have to be more to it thanks again sagtattman
Old 11-27-2003, 04:44 PM   #10
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

IIRC, you go across some sort of lava area here, and there were some sort of dangerous dogs (excuse my forgetfulness, I havn't done this in a long time) that came after you. When you get to the other side, there are some piles of something, and you have to collect them all. IIRC, they all joined into 1 piece or something after you got all the ore pieces.

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote