Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast

Old 11-20-2001, 01:06 AM   #21
Lemernis
Drizzt Do'Urden

In answer to Katherine: Drizzt Do'Urden is a legendary figure in the Forgotten Realms setting in which BG takes place. He's a drow elf, i.e., an elf from the subterranean world of the Underdark, a vast network of caverns, caves and tunnels. The drow worship the evil spider goddess LLoth and have what amounts to a Lawful Evil society. The drow are despised on the surface. In the lore of the Forgotten Realms, Drizzt is a rarity: a drow who has rejected the drow's evil ways and has committed himself to a life guided by good principles. Anyway, he is a mighty warrior and a legend in Faerun, the land where BG takes place. (Oh--and his two enchanted scrimitars are +3 and +5.)
Old 11-20-2001, 06:57 AM   #22
Attila
Elite Waterdeep Guard

My my Drizzt is always a fav on this forum... i feel the moderators show keep these threads in such a way as to have it easily accessible so people dont have to continue answering this...'thing!'

Many people are complaining at the morals or the lack of them of people willing to attack and even have the audacity of trying to kill Legendary Figures of the Forgotton Realms... I say its a fact of life, people will always be greedy, and always try and take down their superiors... So why is everyone complaining...

I dont remember when or how i killed Elminster, but in my thiefs biography, the strongest enemy killed was in fact Elminster... weird huh? I think i remember people saying it couldnt be done... But hey im living proof of this... OR AM I muhahahaha 'cough' sorry got carried away, anyway i do feel going after these big fish really puts people back in their place, thats before they find ways in exploiting the computers AI but im cool widdit...
Old 11-20-2001, 01:32 PM   #23
Darkman

quote:
Originally posted by Tom:

YAY!!! I just killed him , in REGULAR melee combat, I used Montaorn lvl 4/3. I used Xzar, lvl 4 (not spells, melee) and I used Slakl, lvl 5 thief. I had Edwin, but I didnt use him.

Oh yeah, before I killed him, I tried pickpocketing before he died, you can get Frostband without attacking him.

Beat that, low level party, no warriors, used only thiefs and mages, no cheesy tactic, magic, or bows. Go ahead and try and beat that.

That may not be Velveta, but it sure is not in the realm of fairness! That is on par with Commodus giving Maximus a friendly knive in the back before their famous duel in Gladiator! Try maybe killing Drizzt without stealing one of his weapons first.
Old 11-25-2001, 06:30 AM   #24
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

"items are stripped from you when you start BG2, so is using Drizzt's Defender for the second half of BG1 really worth having Drizzt dislike you during BG2?"

Actually in BG2 you are alot more powerfull and his scimitar +5 is nothing compared to Carmorsyr +5. anyway kill him get his loot and have fun.
Sir Degrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2001, 10:24 PM   #25
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

quote:
Originally posted by Tom:
YAY!!! I just killed him , in REGULAR melee combat, I used Montaorn lvl 4/3. I used Xzar, lvl 4 (not spells, melee) and I used Slakl, lvl 5 thief. I had Edwin, but I didnt use him.

Beat that, low level party, no warriors, used only thiefs and mages, no cheesy tactic, magic, or bows. Go ahead and try and beat that.

Um, Tom? No, you didn't. You did NOT beat Drizzt in a melee with a Level 4 party, even if you did take 1 of his swords. Yes, I AM flat-out calling you a liar, and I think it's high time someone did, after a boast like that.

(I suppose it IS possible that each member of your party would roll a 20 every single time, and Drizzt would roll a 1 every single time, but anyone want to calculate those odds?)
Old 11-27-2001, 10:44 PM   #26
chinese noodle
Manshoon

this i dont think is cheesy,
cast slow or hold on him before he is hostile then run in for the kill
OR pickpocket all his items off of him then kill him while he has no items OR do what i did with my wonderful fighter mage. run in cast offensive spell and slow and hold etc then kill him with my BIG sword!