Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-20-2001, 02:58 PM   #1
dizzy42002
Elite Waterdeep Guard

ok im about to do the shadow quest (the one where you resque mazzy)
i was wondering if you can use the same moves to kill the shadow dragon
as what you (i) did with firkragg? i did the magic resistance , harm, magic missile move.

paladins rule!
Old 10-20-2001, 03:33 PM   #2
Montravant
Manshoon

Actually i think Firkraag is much more dangerouse than the shadow dragon, so if u can beat him u can beat the shadow dragon easily .

------------------
The Key To Imortality Is Living A Life Worth Remembering

-Montravant
Old 10-20-2001, 05:24 PM   #3
Nith
Dungeon Master

No way the shadow dragon(can't spell or pronounce his, her, or its name)is mcuh harder. With stoneskin protection from magical weapons and the heal spell he almost unstoppable. The only way to defeat him is to load up on breach spells, cast magic resistance, and dispel magic. Cast breach when he has protection from magical weapons and dispel magic if he casts stone skin. Then the dragon ripe for carving. Still a tough battle.

------------------
By what right does this Tribunal have to judge a god -Star Trek
Old 10-20-2001, 06:53 PM   #4
Warby
Zhentarim Guard

I summuned a pit feind and got to work hacking the Dragon to pieces. The only problem then was the it fiend got the killing stroke so I lost out on all the XP points. Very anoying.I've also noticed that dragon killing weapons arn't very good at their job.

Warby
Old 10-20-2001, 07:00 PM   #5
Sparhawk
Quintesson

Actually the shadow dragon IS more easy than Firekrag...thalixasyya or something like that is a female dragon and the weight of the attacks are on magic. Firekrag is much more physical than the shadow dragon.
Normally I just chease the dragon...since I´ve got the ward stone...I do not think it is cheasing...but I put up some traps, and then bombard her with killing cloud, death fog and other area spells...it never fails...she drops like a stone
Old 10-20-2001, 07:08 PM   #6
Alpha
Elite Waterdeep Guard

For a me the Shadow Dragon was much harder, cause i was solo playing, and the only thing i had that could do any damage was the Fail of Ages, and that was only the add-onn damage so it was a really slooowww battle, which required alot of healing potions and the small amount of paladin priest spells, kill Frigg(or whatever his name was) was much easier cause my two-handed sword could acually hit him, and my Cavalier gets great bonus against Dragons.
Old 10-20-2001, 07:12 PM   #7
SecretMaster
Apophis

Firkraag was so hard for me. The shadow dragon was easy as goblin pie, all i did was lowerrestitance, magic missle, missle weapons. Firkraag was sooooooo hard.

------------------
Tis your lives to waste
-Drizzt do Urden
Old 10-20-2001, 11:02 PM   #8
Montravant
Manshoon

Can the Shadow Dragon have a dragon breathe move coz wen i fought it, it didnt do any dragon breathe like Firkraag.

------------------
The Key To Imortality Is Living A Life Worth Remembering

-Montravant
Old 10-20-2001, 11:25 PM   #9
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

yes, the Shadow Dragon has a breath attack. i think its just one person though. it drains them down to lvl 1 or so, and blinds them for awhile.

------------------
It's simple. Once the Planet is hurt, it gathers Spirit Energy to heal the injury. The amount of energy gathered depends on the size of the injury...What would happen if there was an injury that threatened the very life of the Planet? Think how much energy would be gathered! Ha, ha, ha. And at the center of that injury, wil be me. All that boundless energy will be mine. By merging with the energy of the Planet, I will be come a new life form, a new existence. Melding with the Planet, I will cease to exist as I am now. Only to be reborn as a 'God' to rule over every living soul.

What are you saying? Are you trying to tell me you have feelings now? Ha, ha, ha... Stop acting as if you're sad. And there's no need to act as if you're angry either. Because, Cloud, you are... a puppet.

Shadow Dragon of the DotW
Super Sephiroth, slayer of the Uber Fluffy, and battle co-ordionator and defender of the HADB clan.
Follower of the mighty Fallen Paladin himself.
Diplomacy is all and well, but HADB is better!
Head of the IronWorks Intelligence Division
Official Soup Server and bumper of Cloudy's Cafe
Possessor of the Aerie Diamond Head from the ALSB.
Page in the Court of Lady Lioness

Stalking the woodlands,
the Lioness in my sight,
warm feelings doth come,
into my lonely heart
Old 10-20-2001, 11:39 PM   #10
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Actually... you better pray the Shadow Dragon never uses its' Dragon's Breath unless you have Level Drain Immunity. It Level Drains you by 10 Levels... ...

Personally though, I find the Shadow Dragon the easiest of them all. This is the Dragon I use for my experiments in trying out Dragon Slaying tips.

I rank the Dragons of SoA in the following difficulty, assuming your average party level is 15,

Silver Dragon
Shadow Dragon
Firkragg
Nine Hells Black Dragon
Elf City Black Dragon

------------------
If not a Sorcerer casting total oblivion, then a Cavalier meting out justice. Otherwise, I think I will just be a Blade and torture my enemies with, "My Heart Will Go On".

Platinium Sorcerer of ALSB, Aerie Loving Sacred Band! She's MeowRrrr, and more!

-------------------------
Sorcerer Spell List
Dragon Slaying Tips