Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2001, 12:57 AM   #21
turbovee
Elminster

Cloudbringer: Yes cache size has quite abit to do with it. I've got a game up right noe if your game. We can try this again. try setting your cache size to 400 and then we'll try more if you still have problems
Old 02-05-2001, 02:51 AM   #22
Zoratorak
Welcomed New User

hmm... i see there is some problems with you guys on multiplayer... need help??

1) Charlie- you noticed that you are in a screen wherein it is like a multiplayer game right?? and you noticed that there is noone in the screen... it could be that the host has a slow internet connections so your having problems downloading the information needed to see his characters... or ... he is still loading his game..(or making a newone) so you were able to connect to him while he is still loading a new game ... you will just have to wait for him to type to let you guys know that he is there... i had a similar problem before...

2)Cloudbringer- why dont you lower the specs for your video card?? the 3d-accelerator doesnt make any major differences only minor and it takes up a whole bunch of memory and speed of your computer...

3) make sure all of you guys have the same cache speed in multiplayer...

4) if the server is busy.. just keep trying to get in... (i had to try 4-5 times before i got in) ... but if you tried already the 10-15th time... then im sure you have the common sense to figure that out...
ps: sorry guys for replying just now... but im livin on a different time level...
Old 02-05-2001, 03:03 AM   #23
Aragorn II

hey turbovee, im geting a new email add through my isp tomorrow and once i do ill post it on this board or send it or something. once you figure out what the low-down is on the mplayer game just drop me a line. hope things are going well i look forward to playing with you soon. -Strider

Old 02-05-2001, 03:05 AM   #24
Aragorn II

Almost forgot turbovee, we really havent been properly introduced...you guys can just call me strider if its easier to type. its a pleasure to meet you, (you too cloudbringer ) -Strider

Old 02-05-2001, 09:41 AM   #25
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Hey Strider! Nice to meet you. (that was one of my fav Tolkein characters, btw)

I'm off for a few hours, but will check back around one (east coast).
Old 02-05-2001, 09:42 AM   #26
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Zoratorak, thanks for the info. I'm going to go change my config settings before we try again.
Old 02-05-2001, 10:48 AM   #27
"Hell Lich" Wah

*Sigh* Okay turbovee, I'll see what charlie has to say about this, maybe I'll check out that mplayer thing like you said or maybe charlie has better ideas then.

Thanks anyway - Wah

Old 02-08-2001, 06:29 PM   #28
Hesperex

I would very much like to a part of any English games going on, but I fear that my puney 56k connection would just reck the game for all concerned so I'll let fellow English Bg2 fanatics know when I get my 512k cable connection, should be in about 3 months. Realy depends on how fast I can get some spare! money (hey Im only a student)and how fast Telewest get off their arses