Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 05-08-2004, 10:43 AM   #1
Jelly Sculptress
The Magister

Arrow

Hello gang,
now I've finished the main quests (pauses to do victory dance - go Jelly, go Jelly), I am tempted to start thinking about adding a few mods to make things more interesting: better loot, better monsters etc. Trouble is, have never done it before and have absolutely no idea where to go or what to add. Any recommendations/tips? Now I know how enthusiastic you lot get about giving your opinions so please bear in mind that I am not technically minded and if it gets too complicated my brain may explode, and you wouldn't want that on your conscience (or your carpet) now would you? Thanks!!
Old 05-08-2004, 04:11 PM   #2
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
This is one of the better places to download mods and plugins, and this is where i got most of my mods from, but for some reason the page wouldn't load for me anymore. The first one is still good though, and they probably have the same stuff as the second. How to install mods and plugins is all described on the sites, and is easy to do.

Of course you also have to visit Bethesda's site for a few official plugins, if you're interrested that is.

I got a few that make your life a little easier in Vvardenfell, such as a few houses for my character. I got the "Balmora residence" plugin, and the "Vivec residence" plugin, since i spent most of the game roaming those cities anyway. But there's a residence plug for almost every city or little town in the game, so suit yourself.

I also got the "Giants mod" which makes the game a little tougher. There are some new monsters added, such as Seadevils, and Ancient liches (which can be very tough to beat), and Nixhounds now hunt in packs, and come at you with 6 or 7 all at once. And of course there's giants roaming the wilderness now, who attack you on sight. They're huge halfnaked barbarian type of creatures, who carry weapons too heavy for you to carry. I once killed one, and tried to pick up his axe, but it weighed 1000 lbs. So never mind.

I also got the official Bethesda fletchershop plug, which adds a fletchershop where you can buy all sorts of ammo for your bow in the Vivec foreign quarter waistworks.

The "Creeper trader" plug is something to bypass all those low cash merchants in the game. The Creeper, who normally has 5000 to spend every 24 hours, now has 100.000 every 24 hours, so now i can sell all that glass and daedric stuff as well.

I also have the "armour mannequin" plug, which allows you to buy wooden mannequins to place in your residences, which you can fully dress with all the armour you find in this world. Looks pretty cool. see for yourself

But there's so many more out there, just check the link, and see if there's anything you like.
Old 05-08-2004, 05:11 PM   #3
Stratos
Vampire

The mods I'm using at the moment is:

*Abu's Retreat: A bit too much flowers outside ( makes the game lag a little), otherwise a excellent house mod. Small yet contains everything you need; wooden mannequins, display cases, a ring that grant instant teleport to the house, labeled alchemy ingredient jars and more. Situated outside Pelegiad.
*Atmospheric Sound Effects+updates: Adds alot of ambience sound to the game.
*Life to Morrowind: Some unofficial patch.
*Better Heads: Says it all.
(*Better Bodies Should download it when the 2.0 vesrion comes out. Hopefully there will be a non-nude version.

[ 05-08-2004, 05:12 PM: Message edited by: Stratos ]
Old 05-09-2004, 06:04 PM   #4
Jelly Sculptress
The Magister

Thanks guys that's really helpful. I'm not interested in improved graphics or extra sound really, more in treasure/artefacts/monsters. Definitely want Creeper to have lots of dosh and my own decent house - that all sounds wicked. Now, I know this may be a stupid question, but you should be used to me by now [img]smile.gif[/img] I'm guessing these mods aren't free? So do I join say rpgplanet for one month and just download all the mods I want during that time - they don't expire do they? Cos after all that beer you drank to celebrate my finishing the game, Johnny, I am a bit strapped for cash Are the Bethseda ones free? Heck I don't even know the difference between a plug-in and a mod so am a bit scared of getting into all this!!!!
Old 05-09-2004, 06:55 PM   #5
Stratos
Vampire

They're all free, Jelly Sculptress, and made by Morrowind fans using the Construction Set, so don't worry. [img]smile.gif[/img]

This includes the plug-ins made by Bethesda, although they have also made two Expansion Packs called Tribunal and Bloodmoon, and those you have to pay for.

[ 05-09-2004, 06:56 PM: Message edited by: Stratos ]
Old 05-09-2004, 06:56 PM   #6
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
All the downloads are for free. Now go get em.
Old 05-10-2004, 04:51 PM   #7
Jelly Sculptress
The Magister

er.......ok. Thank you. But if they're free, how come when I click to download the Giants mod at the first site you gave me a link to, it says I have to be a member and subscribe for $6.95 a month?? Confused now!! Am having a go with other sites though. Am v dismayed about some of the mods available such as one about female panties disappearing. What is with these guys? Can't they just buy a magazine? lol Talk about needing to get out more. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-10-2004, 04:58 PM   #8
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Morrowindsummit wants you to subscribe now ? I've never heard of that before. Anyway, how about this one ?
Old 05-10-2004, 05:10 PM   #9
Stratos
Vampire

Do you mean the Fileplanet site? You don't need to be a subscriber there to download stuff, just having an account, but being a subscriber allows you for quicker downloads and without any waiting time.

Just press the login button in the menu to create an account, but you'll have to use the free public servers for downloads and those can have a long waiting line ( I just saw that you need to wait about an hour before you can even start to download GIANTS).

About the nudity, yes I find it a bit annoying as well. It doesn't really fit into the game, but each to their own I suppose.
Old 05-10-2004, 05:13 PM   #10
Stratos
Vampire

Johnny, Gamespot turned into a subscriber site awhile ago, you can't do much more than read news and reviews there anymore.