Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2002, 01:46 AM   #1
Jack of Speed
Manshoon

I was going through the Eight Chambers test in the Monestary with my Sorc(funny... but another post entirely) and saving after each test when I noticed something strange. At some point, and Im not sure when, the game decided to give me a little present. ALL of my characters EXCEPT my Sorc, who apparently was in the 4th chamber at the time, had all there Ability Stats raised by 10+ points each. STR DEX CON INT WIS CHR all +10. I noticed that something was wrong when my lvl 22 barbarian had 1000+ hitpoints and a strength of 45!!! At first I thought it was some kind of short lived bonus to help you through the chambers in HoF mode. But it didnt go away. So I reloaded from the auto save it makes when you go downstairs and played through all the chambers again (BLEH!). Im cheap, but not cheap enough to keep bonuses like that. It was unreal, many of their skills BAB and such were maxed and even though they were around lvl 22 it said "Next Level: Godhood" next to there exp number. SO... Is it a bug? A bonus? An easter egg? A chemicaly induced halucination? AND has this happend to anyone else? In or out of HoF? And where at? (And would you have played through with those bonuses 'cheapness-be-damned'?) [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-16-2002, 07:28 AM   #2
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

When you get to character level 30, it really say the "next level: godhood" part.
Old 10-16-2002, 10:47 AM   #3
Faba du Paryse
Elite Waterdeep Guard

hmmm... wouldn't mind having those stats without actually cheating
Faba du Paryse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 06:08 AM   #4
kartetse
The Magister

Hi folks! I'm stuck in the second chamber - odd I've tried to walk into all the shadows and can see some sort of pattern, i.e. going into a shadow the second time, it seems to be deactivated for that moment. I've tried multiple combinations and could not find the right way, or find clues in the chamber.

BTW. The second chamber is the one where there are six niche in the walls with green clouds puffing in rythm. For 5 of the 6 niche there pops out a shadow that you need to battle - for what reason, I don't know. I've taken my wizard in there and she had cast 5 monsters and they kill all shadows within 2 seconds of appearing, but I can't fathom the puzzle there.

Please help.
kartetse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 06:20 AM   #5
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Enter the doors like this sequence
1X2
3X4

X = door you ignore.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 10:37 AM   #6
Pirengle
Symbol of Cyric

...and it's okay to make a new thread for questions like this, especially if the thread you found when searching is over a year old (and has nothing to do with the original topic anyway ).
Old 05-03-2004, 07:24 PM   #7
kartetse
The Magister

Thanks!

I actually did create a new post just after this one - I realized that I was being ever so slightly daft to do it this way first time round. Thanks for the answer though, Kakero!

kartetse
kartetse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 10:17 PM   #8
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

The stat "boost" is a known bug that occurs only during HOF mode and only if you save during the test. Once a chamber is completed you can save safely without the stat "boost".

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote