Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2002, 10:25 AM   #31
Leonis
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Dramnek_Ulk:
YUO ARE MEEN PEAPELES!!!!!
I HAT YUO ALL!!!!!

YUO IS TEH FLAMEBATER!!!!

BADNESS!!!!!!

YUO IS TEH HYPOCRIT!!!!

BADNESSS!!!!!!

SHAME ON YUO!!!!!!

BTW you should really thing about getting a newsreader, Usenet needs someone with your trolling skillz
I hear alt.fan.Karl-malden.Nose has a vacancie...
Mate, I was just having fun with the concept.
I honestly find it amusing that someone can dismiss my entire belief system, (and that of billions, unchanged in human history - being, one singular and unique creator) with the old 'chemical imbalance' escape.
I don't believe you are stupid. I believe you have arrived at your conclusions due to rational, intelligent thought processes. You suggested I am mentally ill.
I find that funny
Old 06-19-2002, 02:21 PM   #32
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Leonis:

I honestly find it amusing that someone can dismiss my entire belief system, (and that of billions, unchanged in human history - being, one singular and unique creator) with the old 'chemical imbalance' escape.
I don't believe you are stupid. I believe you have arrived at your conclusions due to rational, intelligent thought processes. You suggested I am mentally ill.
I find that funny
Isn't that interesting. I feel the same way. I wonder how many others feel like this.

Well said Leonis.

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 06-19-2002, 02:26 PM   #33
Lord Shield

Actually a hell of a lot of us find it funny . Just watching you and Dram duking it out all over the shop is so funny, like watching 2 puppies scrapping LOL!!!

Old 06-19-2002, 03:00 PM   #34
Dramnek_Ulk

Quote:
Mate, I was just having fun with the concept.
Well, It wasn’t a very subtle attempt, but of course you’ve got plenty of time to practice.
Don’t worry Mate, You’ll get better soon, just leave it to yorick next time eh?

Quote:
(and that of billions, unchanged in human history - being, one singular and unique creator)
The old “20,000 fanatics can’t be wrong” argument,
Just because lots of people believe in it, it doesn’t make it automatically right Y’know?

Quote:
*I* never said that you were mentally ill, the great Troll Master tried to insinuate that I did, It's a pity you swallowed his propaganda, But well... never mind.

Old 06-19-2002, 05:05 PM   #35
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Dramnek_Ulk:
*I* never said that you were mentally ill, the great Troll Master tried to insinuate that I did, It's a pity you swallowed his propaganda, But well... never mind.
How do you know I didn't swallow his propaganda?

You presume much.

I suggest you leave it there Dramnek. Like it or not, telling people they are experiencing hallucinations so that you can tear apart their testimonies as to why they love living is not a good way to win friends and influence people.

Just let it lie.

[ 06-19-2002, 05:08 PM: Message edited by: Yorick ]

Old 06-19-2002, 05:06 PM   #36
Dramnek_Ulk

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
Isn't that interesting. I feel the same way. I wonder how many others feel like this.
When are you going to have me burnt at the stake then?

FETCH THE WITCHUNTER!!!! [img]redface.gif[/img]

(try making it a little less obvious next time ehh?)

Quote:
Well said Leonis.
ROTFLMAO!!!
That’s it you, back him up.

IT’S A CONSPIRACY I TELL YOU!!!! A CONSPIRACY!!!!

[img]tongue.gif[/img]

Old 06-19-2002, 05:10 PM   #37
Dramnek_Ulk

Quote:
Just let it lie.[/QB]
Clever, clever, almost like a set up, hmm?

You’re the one who keeps bringing it up again, If you have a problem, take it to E-Mail or P.M.
Rather than, making all these little sniping posts and comments,
well… the balls in your court now bob, lets just see what you serve up ehh?

Old 06-19-2002, 05:16 PM   #38
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer in the locked "Religion type" thread:

I am fully aware of God in my life, so whether or not YOU are, doesn't make a difference in my faith. I can only pray that one day you discover what a lot of us already have.
Quote:
Posted by Dramnek in the locked "Religion Type" thread

How do you know you are? how do you know that that is god?

Occams razor makes it more likely that your are in fact for example suffering from Schizophrenia or chemotropic halucinations.
There you have it. Schizophrenia and Chemotropic hallucinations for people aware of God in their life.

[ 06-19-2002, 05:17 PM: Message edited by: Yorick ]

Old 06-19-2002, 05:20 PM   #39
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Here is a post detailing the misuse of Occam's Razor.

In this instance the Christians insanity is an unproven assumption. Occam's razor is meaningless in that scenario.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/cg...;f=10;t=009199

Old 06-19-2002, 05:23 PM   #40
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Quote:
quote:

Originally posted by Cloudbringer in the locked "Religion type" thread:
[qb]
I am fully aware of God in my life, so whether or not YOU are, doesn't make a difference in my faith. I can only pray that one day you discover what a lot of us already have.
[/QUOTE]Sorry, I HAVE to comment on this. This is the sort of comment that makes me quite annoyed, as it suggests that those who do NOT believe in God have LESS nice lives than those who DO. Please, look at it this way:

Life is a meal. Believing in God is a spice, let us say, cinnamon. We are all eating different meals. To you, belief in God might make the meal PERFECT. While to me it might make it unpleasant. See? So wishing that I add cinnamon to my life just because it makes your meal better might in fact be wishing that I worsen my life. Of course believing in God might make my life better. But please, don't assume that it's the best for everyone.