Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2001, 03:12 PM   #11
Moiraine
Anubis

I am going to Nancy, in the NE of France, to visit my parents - see my sig, it is Stanislas Square in Nancy. I was born there, and spent all my childhood. I love that city !
I depart tomorrow around 2 PM, and will come back on Monday 16th evening. No Internet connection in my parents flat, only these bloody expensive Internet Cafés, so almost no Board for me next week ! You will keep me posted of what happened when I come back, will you ?

Glad that you are finally happily settled - did you buy your new house ? Anyway, I hope you won't face moving again soon. Last time I moved, it was 6 years ago, and I remember hating that ! Actually, not having to move again has been very important to us when we had to choose to buy the house we were previously renting or buy another house. So I didn't say (no time), but I felt a lot of sympathy for you.

------------------

The world is my oyster !
Old 04-06-2001, 03:36 PM   #12
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
Will do Ladywinders

HAHA! Thanks! Been awhile! Many moons ago...

------------------
Old 04-06-2001, 03:39 PM   #13
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Moiraine:
I am going to Nancy, in the NE of France, to visit my parents - see my sig, it is Stanislas Square in Nancy. I was born there, and spent all my childhood. I love that city !
I depart tomorrow around 2 PM, and will come back on Monday 16th evening. No Internet connection in my parents flat, only these bloody expensive Internet Cafés, so almost no Board for me next week ! You will keep me posted of what happened when I come back, will you ?

Glad that you are finally happily settled - did you buy your new house ? Anyway, I hope you won't face moving again soon. Last time I moved, it was 6 years ago, and I remember hating that ! Actually, not having to move again has been very important to us when we had to choose to buy the house we were previously renting or buy another house. So I didn't say (no time), but I felt a lot of sympathy for you.

Moiraine, bon voyage ! Sorry, don't know that in Russian.

And drive carefully, will you please !

------------------
So long !

R³ - new, much improved signature under construction !

Old 04-06-2001, 03:39 PM   #14
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Pity I can't get a moontan (blue skin?) for then the term 'once in a blue moon' would have new significance.

------------------
O.K..... what do I do now?

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Old 04-06-2001, 03:45 PM   #15
Ladyzekke

Quote:

Wow! If your sig shows Nancy it looks like a beautiful place to grow up in! Yes I will most definitely keep you informed on the latest board news when you return. I understand how you feel being "disconnected" for a time, as I was last week and it seems I missed quite a lot! Still trying to catch up on old posts! What a soap opera this board can become at times, but that is OK, keeps things interesting to say the least!

Yes we bought this house (not new, just "new" to me). Quite a bundle it was, and we had 16 contracts to compete with! Still don't know how we pulled it off but we did and that is all that counts right? Yes I'm glad to know we won't be moving for a while. Can't really say if this house is "permanent" or not as I still would rather some day move away from the city if possible. Now we REALLY live in the city! But the neighborhood is a quiet one near a park, so until you drive down the street you don't really feel like you are in a large city. I try to always look on the bright side of things, and so I look forward to enjoying all the shops, stores and other conveniences that are nearby. We are in walking distance to a wave pool as well, and I also look forward to bringing hubby there. I know a wittle secret about this particular wave pool and will have much laughter when hubby suddenly "goes under"!! (don't worry, he's a better swimmer than I am).

------------------
Old 04-06-2001, 03:46 PM   #16
Moiraine
Anubis

Quote:
Originally posted by Ramon de Ramon y Ramon:

Moiraine, bon voyage ! Sorry, don't know that in Russian.

And drive carefully, will you please !

Thank you Ramon - Don't worry, I always drive carefully, I definitely don't think a stupid car crash is how I want to die. Besides, I always seem to be in a hurry at work - I NEVER hurry when I am in vacation.

So long, take care, have fun, see you soon !

And you too, LadyWendy, Yorick, and everyone.

------------------

The world is my oyster !

[This message has been edited by Moiraine (edited 04-06-2001).]
Old 04-06-2001, 03:52 PM   #17
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Be safe, have a great time Moiraine!

------------------
O.K..... what do I do now?

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Old 04-06-2001, 03:52 PM   #18
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
Where are you going on vacation? How long will you be away? Maybe you will outdrive the rain! 400 miles is quite a lot of driving. I do the same thing a few times a year to visit family (usually alone) and end up leaning on the steering wheel to let the blood back into my rear end! They really need to make some sort of seat cushion for those types of long drives!! At least spring is finally in the air eh?

I think I might have mentioned previously not talking about the house "hunt," as for a while there things were looking extremely bleak. The moving last week was yet another thing akin to hell. But now all is well and I am settled in nicely in our new house. Thanks for asking!

LW, now that you have officially lifted the ban or ended the moratorium: may I asked how many birds you've already sucessfully lured to your new backyard ? And how about a housewarming party, have you reconsidered on that. My last experience notwithstanding, I think it is a good idea to feel more "at home" right from the start. And don't worry about the guests ruining your new home: that is the way it is supposed to happen, that is part of starting to feel at home !

------------------
So long !

Old 04-06-2001, 03:59 PM   #19
Ladyzekke

Quote:
Pity I can't get a moontan (blue skin?) for then the term 'once in a blue moon' would have new significance.

Yes it's a pity. How does the song go? Blue Moon, you left me standing alone??!

------------------
Old 04-06-2001, 04:02 PM   #20
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Quote:
There is a record by a local Singaporean artist called Stephanie Sun or SUN YAN ZI called 'MY DESIRED HAPPINESS'

I can honestly say it is one of the best records I have ever heard. It's through Warner Records Taiwan, and uses an organic instruments foundation (drums guitars, live strings, organ, piano) but good use of loops, samples and other 'modern' sounds. Commitment to groove, sonic excellence, interesting and melodic parts, emotive vocals and dynamics make this an incredibly enjoyable record. It's up for some awards in Taiwan which is what alerted me to this record.

IF YOU CAN, GET IT AT ALL COSTS!

It's in Mandarin so you'll need to open your mind, but the music and melodies are very accessible, while still containing very very interesting musical, instrumental and mix choices. Best record I've heard in a long while. It is inspiring, humbling and aurally satisfying all at the same time.

I'll try and get a sample of it to Stealthys site ASAP.

Thanks for sharing that with us, Yorick, sounds interesting. I am unfortunately not very educated when it comes to music. But I am curious enough to appreciate the opportunity to get to know a completely new sound/style from time to time, even though if I later might decide that it won't be my new favourite music.

So, samples on Stealthy's site would be great !

------------------
So long !