Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2001, 06:00 PM   #1
Warby
Zhentarim Guard

Me (Good Barbarian, very good, never thought of trying it before and am very pleased with it)
Keldorn
Amomen
Jaherie
Jan
Edwin.

I really don't like Nalie and so I'd rather have edwin cause he's powerfull and funny too. Besides I don't have to do nalia's stupid quest to get her if I get Edwin. I'm just wondering if there will be any fighting within the group with Edwin present?. Or is it only minsc who fights with him. Also Minsc really gets on my nerves.

Warby
Warby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2001, 06:59 PM   #2
Legolas
Jack Burton

Class-wise, the group will certainly work. But you'll get in trouble if you put Keldorn and Edwin together. I'dsuggest either changing Edwin for Aerie (since you don't like Nalia) and then for Imoen once you've rescued her.

Otherwise, you may be better off changing Keldorn for Korgan, becoming of neutral or evil alignment and swapping Anomen for either Viconia or Cernd or Hear'dalis (the first two depending on wether you've takin Anomen mostly as a fighter or a cleric, the latter if you want to focus more on magic and a bit of fighting instead.

Say NO to the Trouser Tyranny!
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2001, 08:48 AM   #3
daan
Silver Dragon

It is possible to have keldorn AND edwin in one group,
my group went to the game twice with both of them in it.
Im not sure what triggers the fight, and what makes the difference.
It usually gets sticky around the Underdark ...
But just kick one of the two out for a while and they should be just fine, give 'em some time to cool off.
I think your group will work just fine [img]smile.gif[/img]
Two fighters
Two backup,heal,fighters
Two mages, and a thief
Nice group balance
Old 01-03-2002, 10:07 AM   #4
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

that is a good party if you ask me...

although nalias quest has a lot of money involved, so i wouldn't give that up (but you have to have her). next, what about imoen? [img]smile.gif[/img]

Keldorn and Edwin can be on the same boat but not:

Keldorn and Viconia

Edwin and Minsc.

well that's pretty much it. it based really on how you play them...

juz post if you are having difficulties
Bahamut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2002, 01:18 PM   #5
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Not enough Thief, if you ask me. Jan's good, and his gadgets make him better, but half a Thief does not a party make, unless you've got a Ranger or Bard to take care to the Stealth or Pockets.....
Old 01-03-2002, 02:02 PM   #6
Nifft the Nimble

quote:
Originally posted by Warby:
Me (Good Barbarian, very good, never thought of trying it before and am very pleased with it)
Keldorn
Amomen
Jaherie
Jan
Edwin.

Hi Warby!

In my opinion you have a very tank-heavy party. You only need two or three tanks and you've got four! My advice is to dump Anomen. This will make you happy, too, because he's a whining git.

Next, decide if you're taking Imoen back or not. You will probably have to, and if you're role-playing Good then you'll want to. Either keep a slot open or pick up Yoshimo, who will allow Imoen to enter your party pain-free.

If you're not taking Imoen back, drop Jaheira. Jah won't allow you to not pick up Imoen. If you love Druids, swap in Cernd. If you want a romance, grab Aerie. Ignore Viconia if you want to keep Keldorn.

Otherwise, very very nice party! Glad to hear that Barbarians aren't boring. Perhaps I'll try one myself.

-- Nifft
Nifft the Nimble is offline   Reply With Quote