Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2002, 09:20 AM   #31
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
*grins and hands Donut a nice lager* Now, now....what's a little t and a between friends? *rolls on floor, giggling hysterically * ahem.... [img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
LOL - had a good chuckle at this, and all double Donut Seven's attempts at grammatical correctness
Old 08-29-2002, 11:11 AM   #32
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
LOL - had a good chuckle at this, and all double Donut Seven's attempts at grammatical correctness
What do you mean? About Great Britney? [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

-Sazerac

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 08-29-2002, 05:29 PM   #33
Rokenn
Galvatron

This King William is merely a pretender to the throne, here is the true Emperor of the United States: Emperor Norton I of the United States who had the good sense to make his capitol in San Francisco [img]smile.gif[/img]

Long live Emperor Norton!
Old 08-30-2002, 07:14 AM   #34
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

*snicker* Hehe Davros! I am finding double 0 Dount's antics...er...efforts...quite amusing, myself

Sazzie..HAHAHAHHAHA! [img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img]

[ 08-30-2002, 07:15 AM: Message edited by: Cloudbringer ]
Old 08-30-2002, 11:05 AM   #35
Evil Al
Drow Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
quote:
Originally posted by Evil Al:
This of course is a load of rubbish. But what do you think? Would America be a better place if it was a monarchy? Would you like to see it as a monarchy like we brits have (no power but the tourists love it.) Or an all powerful ruler of the country that the only way to get rid of him is to kill him. Do you think its would be easier than all the talking round in circles that democratic governments do?
Evil Al - please think before you post dangerous rubbish like this. If the US had it's own monarchy they would have no reason to pay good money to see ours! [/QUOTE]Lol, I guess thats true, Donut. Thank you for correcting my very obvious spelling mispeel, but its very had to type wornds correctly when Mojo is disturbing you by trying to lick your ear [Shudders].

Thanks Kaltia! Glad you liked it .
I\'m not bigheaded but go here and tell me just how sexy i am [url]\"http://www.faceparty.com/al_the_drunkard\" target=\"_blank\">www.faceparty.com/al_the_drunkard</a><br /><br />War in iraq? Not in my name!<br /><br />Disarm America.
Old 08-30-2002, 01:28 PM   #36
MagiK

Quote:
Ah yes, King George the soon to be King of Iraq with his humble page (or bitch) Tony as his foot stool. Will sally forth and steal the oil that is rightfully not ours in his great wisdom. All hail King George!
If your gonna do it at least get the lingo right...that is Beeyaatch [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-30-2002, 01:32 PM   #37
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
quote:
Ah yes, King George the soon to be King of Iraq with his humble page (or bitch) Tony as his foot stool. Will sally forth and steal the oil that is rightfully not ours in his great wisdom. All hail King George!
If your gonna do it at least get the lingo right...that is Beeyaatch [img]smile.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]Not everyone is from the projects MagiK.
Old 08-30-2002, 02:12 PM   #38
khazadman
User suspended until [Feb13]

posted by rokenn:

This King William is merely a pretender to the throne, here is the true Emperor of the United States: Emperor Norton I of the United States who had the good sense to make his capitol in San Francisco.
-----------
this just goes to show that the looniness in "frisco" is not something new.

[ 08-30-2002, 02:13 PM: Message edited by: khazadman ]
Old 08-30-2002, 05:32 PM   #39
Rokenn
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by khazadman:
posted by rokenn:

This King William is merely a pretender to the throne, here is the true Emperor of the United States: Emperor Norton I of the United States who had the good sense to make his capitol in San Francisco.
-----------
this just goes to show that the looniness in "frisco" is not something new.
That's a $25 dollar fine bud [img]tongue.gif[/img]

How can you call someone a loonie when they had the good sense over a 100 years ago to outlaw the republican and democratic parties?
"In 1869 he abolished both the Democratic and Republican parties, declaring "Being desirous of allaying the dissension's of party strife now existing within our realm, [I] do hereby dissolve and abolish the Democratic and Republican parties, and also do hereby degree the disfranchisement and imprisonment, for not more than ten, nor less than five years, to all persons leading to any violation of this our imperial decree." --San Francisco Herald, August 4, 1869"

Sounds like a great idea to me!
Old 08-30-2002, 07:07 PM   #40
skywalker
Banned User

I became aware of Emperor Norton from the story in The Sandman comicbook. It was a pretty good story, actually (as were all of the stories in that series).

Mark