Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Dragon Age™ Origins

Old 01-28-2010, 02:43 PM   #1
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Default DAO : Awakening - coming so soon!

Yes, it looks like they're holding true to the march date. Wtf? I can't believe how quick this has come. Not complaining of course. Saw it on EBgames for pre-order.

http://www.ebgames.com/Catalog/Produ...spx?sku=640040
Old 01-28-2010, 03:00 PM   #2
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Default Re: DAO : Awakening - coming so soon!

Yeah, it's been up for about a month now for pre-order, or rather, when rumors started running hard on their social club.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 07:30 PM   #3
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

Is it a stand alone or expansion pack? Methinks it's the latter, although the Awakening plot is not connected to the plot in Origins?
Old 01-28-2010, 07:41 PM   #4
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

It's stand alone, but if you load a save game, it's supposed to take some of your decisions into consideration.
Old 01-28-2010, 08:54 PM   #5
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Wait, it's standalone in the sense that you don't need the original DA, or in the sense that you can begin again from scratch with a new story? I am assuming you mean the second one.
Old 01-30-2010, 08:17 AM   #6
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I don't think anyone on the forums over there considered the former, and just expected the latter, but since you won't be able to return to other areas in game, I believe that's what the devs said, it may be both. You can start the expansion as a completely new warden, which would have to be the case, even if it does require DA: O, since you could do the Ultimate Sacrifice.
Old 01-30-2010, 08:34 AM   #7
ElfBane
Mephistopheles

I think they need to release Return to Ostagar. THEN worry about The Awakening. If they would release RtO, then I would feel better about TA's supposed March launch.

Iraq and Afghan fatalities: 6,855 and counting. Silence IS consent.
ElfBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 08:46 AM   #8
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

RtO has been out for awhile, sir.
Old 01-31-2010, 02:19 AM   #9
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

And I bought it tonight. It's shorter than Warden's Keep and it is a letdown, to be honest. You don't feel like you're in the middle of blight infected land. You just pop up in Ostagar like in the beginning of the game except the place is full of snow. Kill maybe 50 darkspawn spread all over the place and loot the armor pieces off some of them, then it's over. There's one boss fight at the end versus a necromancer darkspawn who summon about 7 or so undead through the fight.

As far as loot goes, the armor is not bad but it's not better than the red dragon armor. The king's sword is a 9 damage one with two rune slots and and a couple of built in of buffs including +9 damage to darkspawns if I remember right. At level 15 I had better stuff.

You also get Duncan's sword and off-hand weapon from the end boss. They're geared toward a rogue kind of character and they're not bad, but I'm not sure they're worth 5$.
Old 02-02-2010, 04:14 PM   #10
Arcalian
Dungeon Master

The first Awakening party member video is now up, with spoilers for one of the potential DAO endings included: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqYLe3V5usc
Arcalian is offline   Reply With Quote