Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2000, 05:03 PM   #1
Viridi

anyone know if it is possible to get past that room where you are ambushed by the orc Archers without a thief or breach spell?

Old 10-23-2000, 05:38 PM   #2
dragonslayer
Manshoon

I think you mean the room with a couple of orcs on each side of the passageway, right? Presonally I don't know, never tried to play a party without a thief, you might try knock (2nd lvl Mage spell) but I doubt breach would do anything with the doors...
Old 10-23-2000, 05:50 PM   #3
Viridi

yep, got the wrong spell, I meant Knock
don't have it... hehe

Guess I'll get out of that one... I might as well go back to the Copper Coronet again then, and start that slavers quest (and a bunch of other ones I got..)

Old 10-23-2000, 06:32 PM   #4
EdwardBlackadder

Yes in the room where you get jumped by them there is a secret door on each side.

Old 10-23-2000, 10:26 PM   #5
Shashae

Well there are secret doors on each side BUT they won't get you into the main part of the complex. You could have someone with a high strength try to FORCE the main door, in order to get through. I always had a thief so I didn't try it on this door, however I have tried it on other doors. You also can't force any door that is a quest or key to open, only doors that a thief could pick.

Old 10-23-2000, 11:34 PM   #6
izzy

I'm not 100% sure, but I think i saw knock for sale as a SCROLL (Like a scroll of healing) for sale from the book guy in the top level of the promenade thingy. However... that tomb/dungeon you are about to enter is full of traps and secret doors.. a theif would be a REAL benefit to you there. And I am not just saying that cause I am one

Old 10-24-2000, 01:05 AM   #7
Dark

have you tried to force the door open?
if you have someone with a nice strength you can probably just kick it down =]
hope that helps