Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 06-03-2001, 02:07 PM   #1
Fitz
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Possible Spoiler.........

I don't think this is a spolier, but I'm in the Planar Sphere, and near the end there is 2 Iron Golems and about 8 Clay/Stone Golems, and I need to get by them so I can put the heart in the engine and go back home, but they just wipe out my party in an instant. I can kill one of the Iron Golems, then 4 other golems come out and wipe me out. I've tried Summoning 5 Fire Elementals, helps a bit, but they still plow through them. Is there any Missle Weapons that can harm a Stone/Clay golem so that I could take them out before the Iron Golem (he blocks the others in). Am I doomed in here forever? I need to go home!! My Party, Me (Mage/Thief) Minsc, Valygar Jaheria, Airee and Nalia. Level's range from I think 11/12 to 13/14. Minsc and Valygar have blunt weapons, 2 warhammers for Minsc (one is +4 against giant kind, other is +3 thunderblot) and I gave the Flail of Ages +3 to Valygar, but the others in my party can't seem to do any damage, Magic won't work which is causing me the biggest headache.... help???? Thanks, I go try again now and see what I can come up with.
Old 06-03-2001, 02:11 PM   #2
Wah
Symbol of Cyric

I think you are a bit stuck - but the best CURRENT option, is to let all your mages memorise MELF'S MINUTE METEORS - they will harm ANY Golem so have Nalia, Aerie and yourelf memorise as much as possible.

Then lure the FAT iron golem so he traps out the other golems and quietly take out the golems BEHIND the fat iron golem before going for the Big guy himself = it worked for me (rest and repeat for other group of golems)

------------------

Greetings Mortals. My Name Is Wah, Arch Lich Wah.
Old 06-03-2001, 03:14 PM   #3
Link
Jack Burton

hmm.. can't remember that much golems... i beat them easily.. make sure you use blunt weapons (like war hammers), they are the most effective against golems.

------------------
In the foul darkness one figure will emerge to save the world from evil and despair.... Light flashes as his sword comes down, and thunder rolls through the sky when he points his sword up to heaven to signal his victory....People whisper his name as he walks by, evil tries to hide as they sense his presence nearby.... His name? Link......
Old 06-03-2001, 03:49 PM   #4
Fitz
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hey, Thanks for the help! I finnally beat the little buggers. Nalia has Tansheron's bow +3 (no ammo needed) and I found out that the bow will hurt the Stone golems, so I had her pick off the 4 Stone Golems from a distance, which then left the 2 Iron Golems, and 4 Clay Golems. Also found out that my Char (Mage/Thief) was the only one with Melf's Minute Meteors, but had was able to cast 4 of them which took out 2 Clay, and got a 3rd Clay down to Near Death. Then Summoned a Fire Elemental with Jaheria behind him which finished it off, 2 Iron and 1 Clay to go!! Aerie had Sol's Searing Orb, which did some nice damage to 1 of the Clay golems. Then took out 1 Iron with Minsc and Valygar Hasted, cast 2 more Fire Elementals and an Air Elemental, they snuck in behind and finished off the last Clay, and hurt the Iron a bit before he pounded them to pulp. Then Minsc and Valygar proceeded to take out the last Iron Golem!!!! WOOHOO!!!! Thanks for the help!!!!!!!!! Time to go home (I hope)
Old 06-03-2001, 04:24 PM   #5
Sigmar
Unicorn

Just get one person with alot of hit points like Korgan or Minsc,
cast haste on him and invisibility and if you have boots of
etheralness use them. Ignore the golems give the statue the heart
and run very fast. If that doesn't work try the other entrance to the room.

------------------
Sigmar has only one foe,
and he is Tiax!

[This message has been edited by Sigmar (edited 06-03-2001).]