Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2001, 07:08 AM   #51
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Ahh, Lord Shield so we meet again. So this is where the infestation of "Old ones" is coming from. I will keep an eye on this place!
Old 05-01-2001, 07:15 AM   #52
Lord Shield

Hate to disappoint you, but the Old Ones reference was simply a bit of role-playing on Valhalla board, for the benefit of the fantasy-theme bar. Hell, if you have One-Winged Angel and a supposed sex-goddess, why not an Old One, eh?
BG2 characters welcome, all Valkyries will be disintegrated at the door. Have a pleasant time!

[This message has been edited by Lord Shield (edited 05-01-2001).]

Old 05-01-2001, 08:05 AM   #53
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Well I'm not role-playing a BG2 character OR a valkyrie. So that shouldn't matter. So are u trying to tell me that you really HAVEN'T drunk too much whiskey and deluded yourself into believing that u are from an ancient race far superior even to the gods? LOL
Old 05-01-2001, 08:25 AM   #54
Lord Shield

Nope. I was just joining in the role-playing fun (still am over there)
All the references to Old Ones I use come from TSR references (particularly the appearance of one in "Immortal Fury"). When my brother and I had two characters achieve such a status (by becoming a full hierarch God twice, i.e., in two separate lifetimes), I created the philosophy and names around them. Later characters added to the roster
Lord Shield was originally a Mystic/Psionicist. In his second life, he was a Paladin. He joined the Old Ones. While alive, he worked as an agent for Lord Thought (originally an elf Fighter/Mage), keeping an eye out for Godly activity. The downside to working for Thought was the helter-skelter of his sanity, but he got it back in the end
After some hours, Lord Raptor and Viconia come back downstairs. They pay their tab and make their way out, for a pleasant evening decimating Imnesvale

Old 05-01-2001, 08:30 AM   #55
TheDutkanator

Kenzar comes down, gets a mug of fine wine, and heads back up stairs.(After taking a good look around to see that there is no threat to his safety)

------------------

"I'm sorry, did I kill you?"
Old 05-01-2001, 08:34 AM   #56
Lord Shield

Lord Shield appears before Kenzar (in private) and asks him what's wrong - nothing can harm each other in his tavern with his protection, after all. And there's endless amounts of Bhaalchildren to fend off armies, etc., with. If it makes life easier, he'll send a keg of beer up to your room so you don't have to be seen so often, though (if that's what you want)

Old 05-01-2001, 11:14 AM   #57
Lord Shield

C'mon, Kenzar, don't be shy. Wassup, man?

Old 05-01-2001, 03:44 PM   #58
Tancred
White Dragon

The bar door opens once again, admitting a bloodied, somewhat dazed young Paladin, clad in dented armour and dragging a glowing golden sword behind him. The Paladin manages two... three... four steps, before collapsing in a heap nearby a table.
Slowly, the Paladin raises a hand.
"Um... Greater Healing Potion on the rocks, barkeep..."
The arm thuds back down onto the floor. The hand falls open, and a small matchbox falls out of it. The matchbox bears the legend 'Crooked Crane'.
All the other patrons of the bar nod knowingly...

Tancred
Old 05-01-2001, 04:14 PM   #59
BladeMaster

All right who was the one who wants to spray Angel with graffiti. Does the person want to deal with a dozen of my Drangonrider friends and their Dragons. Because don't you people know who you are dealing with. You are dealing with Angel the Patron Ruler and Protector of The High Forest. Bladesinger. Close personal friend to Amlaruil, Queen of All Elves and Elminster the Mighty Sage of Shadowdale. Hunter of all Evil Drow on Toril. So next time be more careful. And don't worry my friend Elminster has alittle surprise for Viconia. So i will have the last laugh at Viconia

------------------

Taste My Steel -Blademaster

Old 05-01-2001, 04:16 PM   #60
Tancred
White Dragon

The wounded Paladin watches the strange, bragging figure with a somewhat incredulous glare and a cocked eyebrow.