Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2001, 02:37 AM   #1
Jan

Nalia's castle. I'm in the room with the golems. Killed all the small golems but I can't kill the giant iron golem. How can I smack the big one?
Old 12-01-2001, 02:46 AM   #2
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Melf's Minute Meteors, +3 enchanted weapons, Traps, 3 Lower Resistances followed by a barrage of spells, etc... ...

Basically, let it get stuck at the door and proceed to whack it death. Two-Handed weapons have a longer range than the Iron Golem, so you can safely poke it to death with oh, any of the following. Lilarcor, Cleric Staff, Staff of Rynn.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2001, 02:57 AM   #3
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

The best way to kill the iron golem (IMHO) is to let it get stuck in the door...as Dundee suggested...then have your fighters take turns hitting it.

My main character is a Wizard Slayer. I used him and Minsc to defeat the golem. I lured him to the door, put my character and Minsc in the little hallway, and left the rest of the party in the bedroom.

I took my fighter first, hit the golem until he cast his Cloudkill and got away from the door. I then gave the sword (Lilacor..darn good sword) to Minsc and let him repeat the process while I got healed of what minor damage the golem did to me.

I just kept rotating those two until the golem died...which only took about 2 "turns" from each fighter.

Good Luck!
Old 12-01-2001, 03:03 AM   #4
shadowhound
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

"How do you kill the iron golem"

The same way you kill anything with blunt force
Old 12-01-2001, 03:53 AM   #5
Jan

I don't have the kind of weapons and spells you speak of and the weapons I currently have do no effect.
Old 12-01-2001, 04:32 AM   #6
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Jan:
I don't have the kind of weapons and spells you speak of and the weapons I currently have do no effect.

Then go back to Amn and buy/get the scrolls/weapons you need.
Old 12-01-2001, 04:35 AM   #7
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Ive found a page here at Ironworks that may help you...
Click Here!
Scroll down until you find what your looking for... I know its in there SOMEWHERE!!
LennonCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2001, 04:47 AM   #8
Barb
Symbol of Cyric

You get more experiance if you run in, use a potion of speed and take everything and run locking the door behind you.
Old 12-01-2001, 04:50 AM   #9
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Barb:
You get more experiance if you run in, use a potion of speed and take everything and run locking the door behind you.

? Huh? You get less experience, but more equipment if you do that.
Old 12-01-2001, 04:55 AM   #10
Rob
Elite Waterdeep Guard

If you don't mind getting wacked about why don't you try the flail of ages, all 3 parts of the flail are in the castle, you don't have to venture far to assemble it and I don't wanna post a spoiler about how to assemble it cause I'm sure its easy enough to figure out. But lets say fine you don't want to get wacked about but you want to kill him. Go back to Amn, go to the Copper where you met Nalia in the first place search about that place.

Spoiler
Once you explore you should find there are slaves needing to be rescued, go about, rescue them, and you'll find yourself with a nice discount at the store. Sell nearly everything that is dropped from all the guards, its a nice peice of Xp and with discount you should be able to get hands on something good. You definately should have the gold for Minute Meteors. I know for a fact SOMEONE on Wakeen's Prominade has the mage scroll. Try Adventure Mart, if you have Collector's CD I know for a fact the spell is in Adventure Mart. IF not there try the person selling Scrolls North of the Circus Tent. Melf's is nice cheap spell. Get it, go back, have fun wacking the giant thing with the little rocks. If you run out of the spell and are unable to kill it, walk away into bed room so you can't see it, wait for its cloud kill to wear off, rest, attack it again, it never regen's it HP. Eventually you'll kill it. I know its kinda boring and less then heroic way to do things but frankly you don't have all the best gear in the game so you might as well go with what you got. I know I get ragged on for taking her because her stats are less then 'great' but Aerie makes a good Melfs Minute Meteor person. She really has no personal quests, just to rescue Haer'Dalis, which I always make him go away after I rescue him anyway. I don't like him putting the moves on Aerie. =) Aerie lacks in Str. so you might as well give her a sling, and Melf's makes her have ranged weapon with free ammo. Plus its fun to have someone so innocent in my party, but maybe thats just me being overprotective of the fair ladies in my party. =)