Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2001, 08:17 PM   #1
Pascha

There are plenty of ways to make money in the Gael Serran, some rely on "bugs" in the program and some are just good features. Here some of the ways to make and save money when you are starting out (and for later):

(1) the Valeia Inn money cheat - easiest way to make plenty money & described in several posts (bug)

(2) the Valeia Inn create/delete char method - giving 200 gold each time, tedious to say the least

(3) buying stuff cheaper than it sells for - happens in many places, so try to trade - the best example is the special arrows you can buy as guild member in the BD, you can sell them at around 200% profit back to the BD, so a few clicks to buy and one sale will give you plenty (bug)

(4) sell stuff to NPCs and steal it back

(5) sell stuff to NPCs and then get it back when you wack them

but the very best money making method without employing a bug is

(6) get Fletchery & equip bow plus expensive arrows (dragon arrows is best), one will quickly become 50 (then you have to split them out) - I made more than 15 million gold with it until the collassium.

At the start saving is just as important as making money, so some comments to that as well:

(a) stackable items auto-id if you have an id-ed one (health potion, arrows, ...), so always keep one to save the id-costs.

(b) all items of same type are id-ed for one cost, so place all sticks, bows, .... etc into one inventory for id-ing

(c) arcane lore/artifact pays for itself in the end, so get it quickly (staff of the dead will cost you more than 40k if you do not have level 12)

(d) same for ...forge [oddly enough the Sword of Kerah I got cost nearly 8k repair & was above level 9 forge ...)

(e) Ankh's and other invokable items can be used without id-ing - save, invoke (to see what it is), restore & than invoke where you want it

Hope this might help someone, even though most has been said before - never have seen a reference to Fletchery though (I think this is the "cutest" method).
Old 02-23-2001, 08:25 PM   #2
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

One little note. On the create the character, take the gold, and delete them. You don't have to delete them. You can keep the characters, just leave the Inn, and come back in, they will have 200 gold again.
Nanobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2001, 08:49 PM   #3
Mammawlin

Dear Nanobyte - Great thread for newbies and ALL! I was wondering how to duplicate arrows myself - too cool! Thanks a bunch, Mammawlin (aka Linda)
Old 02-23-2001, 08:51 PM   #4
Mammawlin

Dear Pascha, YOU are the one who started this great thread! Thanks so much! I really needed it!
Old 02-23-2001, 09:17 PM   #5
Pascha

Just have to add a few I forgot when starting the thread:

(i) After Grothius gives you the H'Thark lockpick, you can

(i.a) sell them back to him & he will give you money and return them

(i.b) split them & give sell him one .... else as (i.a)

(i.c) you need only one H'Thark lockpick later

I never tried to use those lockpicks, have to in my next round (if possible), wonder what level they are.

(ii) the old ore back-stealing trick in the mine - those dragon plates sell for 15k & every char except Oomphaz can wear them in any role (I filled all my inventories with those plates, for use & sale)