Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 05-22-2004, 09:31 PM   #1
TheGlow
Dungeon Master

I currently have a Tiefling Fighter2/Rogue2 and was wondering if I should work on raising dex or str?
Str is currently 18 and Dex is 20.
I figure armor will cramp on my dex ac bonus and stealth skills.
But str will yield more damage and I wouldnt need to grab finesse.
Im dual wielding, usually long blades. And a single longblade for sneak attacking.
TheGlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 10:56 PM   #2
Dar'tanian
Red Wizard of Thay

Look for light weight armour, either strong leather or a type of elvish enchanted chainmail armour. Raise his dexterity and play him as a swift quick dual-weilding player. Very good character choice by the way, he will be powerfull and a good leader.
Old 05-22-2004, 11:09 PM   #3
TheGlow
Dungeon Master

So its still worthwhile to boost dex? I wasnt sure if there was many armors to support high dex.
Old 05-22-2004, 11:24 PM   #4
Dar'tanian
Red Wizard of Thay

There will be, the way I would look at this is your character is a theif that can fight. Not a fighter then can pick locks and what not every now and then. Are you soloing through this game?? Because if not focus your strength on a Paladin or some sort of tank like that. If i were you I would have this character be my only theif, I think it would be a good approach for a strong party.

[ 05-22-2004, 11:25 PM: Message edited by: Dar'tanian ]
Old 05-23-2004, 12:33 AM   #5
TheGlow
Dungeon Master

It is my only thief, and I have a dwarven paladin with some fighter lvls, a Cleric for semi tanking, a druid im working up with lvl 1 in many other classes to beef up shapeshifting.
As for finesse, negative. Str seems better. I thought finesse worked on all weapons, only short blades, and I planned to go with the long swords. Plus seems the highest dex allowed bonus on armor is +6. Im already at +5. Might as well work the str. Im working a full group of 6, but figured once I get my feet wet, might take em all through the prologue solo each so they can get a lil something something.