Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2001, 04:07 AM   #1
RedArrow

I started IWD yesterday and created a party of 4. Their classes are Fighter/thief, Fighter, Ranger(will dual to cleric) and fighter(will dual to mage). When the ranger and second fighter hit level 3 I will dual them both. How does this plan sound to you? Should I do wait till later to dual them? I must admit tho playing without a healer and offensive caster I don't think I can advance much.
Old 01-10-2001, 04:48 PM   #2
Khanar Tor'vel

Personally, I'd wait to dual them till they are of a higher level than 3 or 4.
Old 01-10-2001, 04:59 PM   #3
Wrath
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well, in this case, there's NO advantage to dualling to a Cleric, instead of just creating a multi-class Ranger/Cleric. I've said is a dozen times, but Ranger/Clerics are one of the best classes in the game, and there aren't any advantages in this case to pick a Human and dual them. SO if you're just starting, I'd trash him and make a Half-Elf Ranger/Cleric, you won't be disappointed

-Wrath
Wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2001, 09:03 PM   #4
G.W.

Yeah, I would go for ranger/cleric multiclass. The best weapons are blunts and you won't have the thaco to use them effectively otherwise. I don't know when you'd dual the fighter. Probably when you get enough proficiencies that you are happy being a super-marksman. I like the fighter-illusionist multclass because she can truly be the leader of the battle with stone skin, mirror image on.
Old 01-16-2001, 08:01 PM   #5
Leafy
Zhentarim Guard

it depends on what you're looking for in the Ranger cleric, as to when you dual class.
the half-elf ranger/cleric will get up to about 11/12... if you dual class the ranger a level 6, you should still reach level 14 or 15 as a cleric.. so the ranger cleric becomes the supercleric with decent fighting. But the half-elf ranger cleric is a real tank indeed. he doesn;lt get the highest clericl level in spells, but it doesn;t matter too much. I advise making some sort of cleric to begin as IWD is really a Cleric's world. and any ranger entering IWD better make his racial enemy some form of undead (skeletal is the most common, then cadaverous)
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote