Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 10-12-2004, 07:15 AM   #1
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

the original thread used to be here

the previous thread is here:

Cloudy's Cafe

Come in, be welcome, be comfortable, be yourself

Welcome to Cloudy's Cafe, a place to have a cup of coffee or a good
darjeeling and the finest in conversation and camaraderie.

The proprietor asks that you follow a few simple guidelines:

this is a real conversation zone, not a role-play zone

* no flaming; if you disagree with a viewpoint expressed by any patron, please do so in a civil manner

* any topic is fair game, but keep posts to the standards that Ziroc has set for the entire forum, please (ie: foul language is not appropriate and things should be suitable for all audiences)
-a side note from Cloudy: I see this as a place for those short
conversations about a new baby or the latest soccer fiasco, not for things that are big enough to warrant their own threads, by all means give those things the space they need and post separately!

* Please, no one word or smiley posts (Ziroc has declared them 'real spam' and the proprietor doesn't want the reputuation of "good spam" to suffer!)

* do feel free to be serious or silly and enjoy the company of others while you are here. By all means POST if you have something to say, even to start another topic , we can handle multiple chats, we're a CAFE!!! But be courteous and don't disrupt a conversation just to disrupt it.

Come on in! The bar is stocked with coffees, teas, juices and waters from around the world. And purple napkins, of course!

The lighting is low, the golden oak counters and tables glow with inviting warmth. Near the window, the lighting is brighter, as comfy, plush leather armchairs wait for those who'd like to read a book while relaxing to music or just lazily watch the world go by.

[ 10-12-2004, 07:17 AM: Message edited by: Cloudbringer ]
Old 10-12-2004, 07:17 AM   #2
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

PLEASE NOTE

This is a modified reminder that I've posted before in reply to someone asking "can we spam the cafe". It still holds true, so I'm going to repeat it periodically for anyone who hasn't seen it.

Read the first post of the thread, it's NOT a spam zone. If you want to discuss you grades, a problem with a teacher,the weather, your neighbor's new car etc.....etc.. (real life conversations) this is the place. I don't mind a SMALL amount of spam but when the Cafe gets to be 8 pages in one day and it's all one liner pure spam, I have to ask people not to do it because most of the members who would come to talk about their day or things that they want advice or sympathy or cheers on, will not post in that atmosphere. I want you to be comfy here, but not at the expense of other members.

So the answer is NO, I don't want to see page after page of roleplay spam or one liner spamfests that could be done on msn or aim etc. because our goal is to TALK WITH one another , not fill up a cafe in five hours.
Old 10-12-2004, 07:28 AM   #3
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

OO, first post, and I even posted in the wrong thread. Il bring my post here!
Old 10-12-2004, 07:29 AM   #4
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Hey everyone, and good morning. Getting ready for school, got a thrilling goverment test today, woohoo [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Edit: Curse you Ross

[ 10-12-2004, 07:29 AM: Message edited by: Gangrell ]
Old 10-12-2004, 07:30 AM   #5
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

Hey Gangrell, I've been wating for that for ages [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

Lol Ilander, that has to be the best sig on IW.

Well I got up a bit later than planned today (11.30) oops. But I fixed my net (some router problem) where it kept hanging every few days of being online, so that's good.

So how is everyone else?

I'm wondering, is it possible to get yourself into a routine, where you sleep say 4hours every night, but you go to bed and get up at the exact same time everyday, so you don't mess with sleeping patterns? It seems there arent enough hours in the day. Or would this be damaging to your health?
Old 10-12-2004, 08:15 AM   #6
philip
Galvatron

(RANT)
Making a school exam harder than central exam is one thing making it impossible is another thing
(/RANT)

Well only one test left and I don't have to learn for it. So basically holidays now
Old 10-12-2004, 08:51 AM   #7
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Phew, finally...
Hi everyone, I just survived another format.... My computer was running slow and I cant have that, and usually the easiest way to fix any problem in my computer is to format....
Old 10-12-2004, 08:56 AM   #8
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

Hmmm. How big is your HDD? I don't like formatting. It's easier to just get rid of some of the crap you don't need.
Old 10-12-2004, 09:05 AM   #9
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Ive got a 120gig so it took about 10-25 minutes, but I have a fast computer, so that reduced the time a fair bit. Its good to have a clean install though.
Old 10-12-2004, 09:13 AM   #10
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

120Gb HDD and you still need to format. Jees o! That's pretty crazy.