Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2003, 04:53 PM   #1
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Trying to figure out which one I want. Any opinions? Can you load a current save game with either one??

Oh, and where is bgt found for download and readme??

[ 09-19-2003, 04:54 PM: Message edited by: Timber Loftis ]
Old 09-19-2003, 07:37 PM   #2
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Timber, Here's what I can understand on the differences.
BGT-Huge, hard to find download, takes forever to download due to too many downloads or cruddy servers, or both. And you need BG1, ToTSC, SoA, and ToB, I think with the latest patches and no mods prior to BGT. Good news you can play straight through the whole thing with only minor complications which may be fixed in future patches or versions. Not sure though. I don't know about loading currently running games though.

BG1tutu-smaller download and there is a link to it's site in one of the topics on this site. Still a little buggy, but it's a work in progress. ToB is not required. I don't know about ToTSC, maybe only if you plan on taking part in those quests. Bad news you have to use an extra executable file to change SoA back to SoA instead of the BG1 files. So you'll have to play through one at a time. You won't be able to play BG1 and SoA at the same time, unless you like converting back and forth a lot.

There may be more to it, but that's what I've been able to gather.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2003, 10:06 PM   #3
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Thanks. I'm wondering... you could play both if you installed 2 copies of BG2.
Old 09-20-2003, 08:30 AM   #4
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

you could but it would be kinda pointless. Id say get bgt. Ok so the download time is longer but it is more user friendly than tutu. i.e u once u complete bg1 on bgt it just takes u into bg2 however in tutu u have to change games and use some converter thing. Basically, u get what u pay for.(although u dont actually pay anything for any of them) BGT is available through mIRC on server Teambg and channel bgt. U can also get it off of certain FTPs. Try google for a search. Although i say all this i HAVENT played tutu, i play bgt so u might want some one who plays tutu to way up the evidence.
Old 09-20-2003, 11:43 AM   #5
Khazza Pilgrim
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Don't know much about tutu but have been playing BGT since June through the major bugs and revisions. Highly recommended. Personally I think that it will be a "must have" mod for any die hard BG player looking to go a fresh direction with all three of the BG games. Look to www.teambg.com forums for FTP's and download sites. I am running the original distro with all the patches but there is a distro II and the latest distro III which has been almost totally patched and makes for a lot easier install than the first 2 distro's. (There is a snare patch out that needs to be added). From what I have been reading in the Team BG forums and from playing BGT exclusively for 3-1/2 months is most of the major bugs have been worked out but there are still some minor issues being worked on. I have all the patches installed and have not run into any game stoppers lately. Has been major cool to play and Assassin, Cavalier, Stalker, and Beserker all the way from the beginning starting at level 1 and take them into SOA and beyond in one game. Recommend that you visit the Team BG forums and read whats going on with it then decide if it is for you.

P.S You do have to start a new game, I know it sucks but the great thing is to be able to play SOA kits in BG1 using the SOA/TOB Infinity engine so its worth it.

[ 09-20-2003, 11:46 AM: Message edited by: Khazza Pilgrim ]