Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-16-2001, 05:01 AM   #21
Merlin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

250 you have got to be kidding,"no purpose in being evil, just do bad things" the whole point, as far as im concerned, is that if you're good you do good things, if your bad you do bad things, thats all part of role playing in my opinion. Your motive for doing things all depends on your alignment. (a good person wouldn't do bad things.)
Old 11-16-2001, 06:30 AM   #22
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

quote:
Originally posted by Merlin:
250 you have got to be kidding,"no purpose in being evil, just do bad things" the whole point, as far as im concerned, is that if you're good you do good things, if your bad you do bad things, thats all part of role playing in my opinion. Your motive for doing things all depends on your alignment. (a good person wouldn't do bad things.)

no, you've gota be kidding yourself

good must do good, and when they commite evil, they conciously acknowledge it, feel guilty, and never do it again, burdens themselves, etc etc

evil though
they can act good (for their own gains) or evil (for their own gains) so it doesnt matter what they do, the intention matters
you can kill an evil dragon, save the land, but on the other hand, getting the dragon's Sword of Goodslaying +6 so you can use it to furthur your world domination

got it?
Old 11-16-2001, 06:51 AM   #23
norompanlasolas

I have to agree with 250.

Furthermore. I think that in some cases evil can be... well, not so evil. For example, my character is a Lawful Evil Necromancer. He doesnt go around killing people undiscriminatly (I dont think thats a word [img]smile.gif[/img] ), and doesnt steal, etc because that would be against the set law. But he does not have the morals of a good person, so he kills, tortures and dismiss everybody not as powerful as him with gusto.

He doesnt have problems doing evil things in drow city (its not against the law there!), and killing thieves is one of his favourites pastimes (ahhh, nalia nalia... it was a pleasure disposing of the snotty noblegirl). [img]smile.gif[/img]

Anyways, for a complete explanation you should read the alignments description. They are the same as in AD&D core rules (p&p) and they give you a simple and quick setup as how you should run your character. You are more than free to not follow them of course! But in that case you would be roleplaying another alignment, NOT the one you chose.
Old 11-16-2001, 05:21 PM   #24
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

basically i do what i want to and dont really feel guilty about it. for MERLIN and 250 what if your neutral. i mean you have to maintain the balance, that could be doing some bad things and some good things, and in some cases nothing at all.
Old 11-17-2001, 10:43 AM   #25
Merlin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Did you guys read my second posting? did'nt think so.
Old 11-17-2001, 11:12 AM   #26
Sir Jorlon
The Magister

Hey guys, I'm to lazy to read all of this, and since I'm really busy, and this is my only relaxing day for a while, i have a question. I heard somewhere that in the Umar Hills, the shade lord asks you to kill the dragon. True or false????