Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 02-13-2003, 10:52 AM   #1
Sigmar
Unicorn

Can anyone reccomend an import game from the US for the Gamecube? I'd like to make use of my newly aquired Freeloader as soon as possible.

(BTW the guys I do have are
Luigi's mansion
Mario Sunshine
Smugglers Run
Capcom Vs Snk2
Smash Brothers
Super Monkey Ball
Waverace
Die Hard Vendetta
Timesplitters 2
Tony Hawks 4
Resident Evil
Eternal Darkness
Pikmin
Sonic Adventure 2 Battle)

Should I get Skies of Arcadia or Animal crossing?

Or is there another game anyone can reccommend?
(Forget Metroid Prime, I'm getting the pal version for my B-day)

Thanks
Old 02-13-2003, 11:30 AM   #2
quietman1920

The ultimate "have friends over & have fun with the Game cube" games are Mario Party 4 and Monopoly. Four friends, chips, and a bottle of wine and you're Set. Trust me, you'll go out and Buy the 3rd & 4th controllers once you see the game play.

If you like RPG, (Hmmm, now why would I think That???) there is a decent one : Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance. Great Game, but it has a serious flaw: Only Play one campaign at a time. The save function defaults to you saving your single game over any other game you have saved: i.e. the two-player game that you and your significant other have been playing & building for Months that you were so selfish to erase that she's so angry, she's not even Speaking to you...err umm right. Sorry...didn't mean to project. But do be careful when you are saving & copying games with the cube.
Old 02-13-2003, 11:45 AM   #3
Sigmar
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by quietman1920:
The ultimate "have friends over & have fun with the Game cube" games are Mario Party 4 and Monopoly. Four friends, chips, and a bottle of wine and you're Set. Trust me, you'll go out and Buy the 3rd & 4th controllers once you see the game play.

If you like RPG, (Hmmm, now why would I think That???) there is a decent one : Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance. Great Game, but it has a serious flaw: Only Play one campaign at a time. The save function defaults to you saving your single game over any other game you have saved: i.e. the two-player game that you and your significant other have been playing & building for Months that you were so selfish to erase that she's so angry, she's not even Speaking to you...err umm right. Sorry...didn't mean to project. But do be careful when you are saving & copying games with the cube.
I've played Baldur's gate on the PS2 and I didn't find it too interesting, a nice rental game though. The idea ofan RPG does sound good but...WHICH ONE TO GET!

As for the party games you suggested, I got a couple of the paryy and soth park games on the N64, they were fun with my mates the first couple of time after that it grew repetitive.
Old 02-13-2003, 11:58 AM   #4
Irongrinder

hmm, I'm still thinking about buying a gamecube, if they would have a mariokart on it it would already be in my posetion. Maybe I'll buy it anyway as I like Zelda a lot. btw, any news on when it comes out?

What I would recommend is Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance anyway, as it's a nice hack and slash version good for some fun (played it on the PS2 at a friend of mine)