Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2002, 08:42 PM   #11
MagiK

Unfortunately, some things can just not be heald from without...they must be healed from within, all we can do is be there when we are needed. Sorry to hear of your pain guy

Old 05-26-2002, 08:45 PM   #12
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Leo I'm glad to see you again. You cannot torture yourself forever.....Paul
Old 05-26-2002, 08:53 PM   #13
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Leo! I hope you're back with us from now on [img]smile.gif[/img]

Sorry to hear it did not end as you had hoped [img]graemlins/verysad.gif[/img] . The others have all said what I wanted to say, so I'll just add here that you're truly a terrific guy. Take care and see you around [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]

PS. I still kinda miss Tsang [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-26-2002, 10:01 PM   #14
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Hey 250, I'm so sorry to hear this, but I hope you can get through the pain and be a stronger person from the experience. You did what you could and shouldn't feel it was your fault that things didn't work out. Sometimes things don't work out the way we'd like them to, but you did your best. God Bless you, Leo.
Old 05-27-2002, 04:53 AM   #15
Lifetime
Red Dragon

Hey 250, good to have you back with us, even if it is on such poor occasion..
I think all of us at Ironworks knows how hard you tried, and nobody can fault you for not giving everything you could. We all know you've suffered more than your fair share for this girl, and you've for sure got my support. I'm sure most of the guys on Ironworks have been there before dude, and we're more than willing to help one of our own in the hard times. Keep your head up dude! You've been missed in your absence!
Old 05-27-2002, 05:03 AM   #16
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Reading all the replies I am reminded of one of the more serious scenes in Forest Gump... the one where Jenny is throwing rocks at her old house and unable to open herself up to Forest, or to let go of the pain and abuse that was her childhood.

"I guess sometimes there just aren't enough rocks" is a line that will stay with me for the rest of my life. In your case 250, the reality may be that she never finds enough rocks. She surely acknowledges on some level that you care - if she happens to find a solution over the coming years I am sure she will come to appreciate your efforts all the more.

"Moving on" is hard, and the most difficult step is to recognise when something is not going to be. Courage my friend, and be aware that there are those out here who wish you well.
Old 05-27-2002, 05:05 AM   #17
Legolas
Jack Burton

Leo, I'm very sorry that after all you've tried to do things didn't work out 'right' [img]graemlins/dropatear.gif[/img]
I'm also glad to see you back on IW again, even if it's just to update us on your (and her) situaton.

I admire your strength. Stay tough. [img]graemlins/imtough.gif[/img]

Say NO to the Trouser Tyranny!
Old 05-27-2002, 05:10 AM   #18
Epona
Zartan

Leo,
You did so much, tried so hard to help her, more than most people would have done. But as others have said, there is nothing more you could have done. I hope she seeks help to heal, and is one day able to accept love.
Console yourself knowing you did all you could. Some things are just not meant to be. Have a good cry, and move on. You will smile again [img]smile.gif[/img]
Laura
Old 05-27-2002, 06:26 AM   #19
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Leo, I'm sorry to hear that, mate. It's probably not what you want to hear right now, but that which doesn't break you, makes you stronger.

My (ex) girlfriend said something to me once - every relationship you get into, good or bad, long or short, is teaching you something about the person you will one day spend the rest of your life with. As long as you learn from this then it won't be a waste - it will make you stronger and it would have taught you about what you are/are not looking for in that special person who is out there.

It's not the end of the world - life is all about learning. It's just unfortunate that some of the lessons are painful at the time - but you will look back on this in years to come and will realize how valuable the experience was to your life - the good things, the bad things, the whole package. You're a strong person, Leo - you WILL get through this.

Look after yourself, mate. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-27-2002, 06:32 AM   #20
Jorath Calar
Harper

Good to see you back 250, I'm sorry it is over and that it didn't work out. Hang in there.