Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2002, 07:46 PM   #1
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

after a year of trying to love a survivor of repeated rapes and sexual abuse, now it is over.

God knows I tried everything. I gave her my heart, and it broke into tiny little pieces the more n more I grew attached to her. no amount of love can ease her pain, and change her cynic view towards me. till today, there is no more place for another scar. it is over, and I am soaking with all the pain and tears. it hurts so much.
Old 05-26-2002, 07:54 PM   #2
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

You gave it your best shot Leo. Nothing more you can do. If it's any consolation I was in a similar situation. We can't always heal the ones we love. In the process, by loving them, we become vulnerable to hurting us.

The thing to ask yourself, is are YOU a better person as a result? What have you learned about yourself? About life? You can take what you've learned into the next relationship. Into the way you deal with people/

I dearly hope the pain is bearable Leo. You're a great guy. Take comfort in the knowledge that many of us have walked the path you're facing at the moment. God bless you Leo.

Hugh

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 05-26-2002, 07:58 PM   #3
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

thanks Hugh, I am a better person there is not doubt. but it hurts SO MUCH. too much...
Old 05-26-2002, 08:02 PM   #4
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Oh, 250, I am sorry; I had no idea. I must commend you for trying and giving of yourself, but I think this is a situation that will require her to receive the kind of help that you cannot provide. Sexual abuse in any form is a horrific and scarring experience. It would be wonderful if just having someone love the victim unconditionally would be enough for healing to take place, but this is pretty unrealistic. Not knowing the details of the nature and longevity of her abuse it is hard to say, but usually this kind of thing necessitates years of professional help to have any chance at being able to be in a normal relationship. Even then, the scars are lifelong and do not ever go away. Rape, sexual abuse, whatever form it takes damages the soul. I hope you friend will get the help she needs if she isn't already.

I also hope that you are not thinking that you did anything wrong. This is just an incredibly big problem. Regardless of the circumstances, victims tend to blame themselves and hate themselves for what has happened to them. And they have feelings of unworthiness to have someone love them. Perhaps in time and with help, she will be ready to receive the love someone has for her.

I am sure you are hurting about this; she probably is too. It would be nice if "love conquers all," but the unfortunate truth is it doesn't.

250, you will be in my thoughts as well as she will.

*hugs*
<b>Order of the Holy Flame</b><br /><i>Member of Clan HADB</i><br /><b>Laughing Hyena</b><br /><i>Clan Liaison, IW Peace Keeping Force</i><br /><i>[url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com/Forum/index.php?board=29\" target=\"_blank\">The Silver River VoiceChat!</a><br />Last Saturday of every month. <br />See the forum link for scheduling!<br /><b> </b><br /></i><br /><b>Admin and Co-Owner of [url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com\" target=\"_blank\">The Silver River</a></b><br />[url]\"http://www.the-silver-river.com\" target=\"_blank\"></a>
Old 05-26-2002, 08:08 PM   #5
Melusine
Dracolisk

Leo, I'm so sorry... my sympathies to you *big hug*
Take good care of yourself

Reeka and Yorick, those are amazing posts - I could not possibly add anything to that... so thanks for writing something that actually gives a better idea of what I would like to say than anything I could say myself.
Old 05-26-2002, 08:19 PM   #6
lroyo

My heart goes out to you Leo. I have seen similar circumstances and even seen offenders get off lightly. People don't understand the damage that has been caused.

You are a special person to have given your heart to this girl and I'm sorry that it all did not end well.

Aviendha.

Old 05-26-2002, 08:24 PM   #7
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

thanks Reeka and Melusine... the pain makes me think life is unbearable. God knows I dont want to leave her like that, I dont want her to be lonely. but there is no way I can continue this. it will only cause me more pain, sigh. thanks everybody
Old 05-26-2002, 08:26 PM   #8
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
250, I'm so sorry. I saw some of how you were feeling, and what you did - you not only tried to love her, you did love her. I hope you'll be okay *hugs*
Old 05-26-2002, 08:27 PM   #9
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

250, ever since I heard about it...I don't remember how long ago or what thread, I have been changed in the way I view my own life and those I love...most importantly, what would I ever do in a similar situation. Your example of strength and devotion to her has been for me very important. There are people on this forum that will attest to the truth of those words.

I know you worked harder than alot of other men would have in your situation, and you are honored for your effort. Apparently, she is not wanting to let go of the past. (I imagine that it is almost impossible to do so).She (to me) does not want to be healed at the moment.

Damn...I hope that sounds right...

I suffer greatly the thoughts of what might occur, daily. It has made me nearly crazy. Knowing only a little of your related history has caused me to strive for home and family protection...maybe to the extreme...but not in my mind.

All I can say is, you tried your best to show her you wanted to help, and if she refused to see it, then you cannot be blamed. Please sleep peacefully now.

[ 05-26-2002, 08:28 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Old 05-26-2002, 08:39 PM   #10
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

sigh, you guys are so passionate. thanks