Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2001, 02:23 AM   #1
Starkiller
The Magister

Now finishing up my second time through SoA on my way to ToB I want to finish the Jaheira romance, seeing all the dialougues before I get to ToB, and right now I am right before Bohdi, having done all the quests I am forced to simply twidle my thumbs waiting for Jaheira's romance to play out since it takes SO LONG between dialougues. I have sworn to leave Watcher's Keep till the expansion (when I am a true child of Bhaal again), and so I was wondering, is there any in game way, perhaps through cluaconsole to advance the romance to the next dialougue, or the next event, so I can go through it a bit faster? (Please give exact cluaconsole instructions if it is possible, since I don't really know how to use the system, though I have inserted the debug line) Setting the Jaheira romance value to 1 in a test save didn't seem to do much through Shadowkeeper, but maybe I did something wrong. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 08-24-2001, 04:51 AM   #2
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Ctrl+i.

------------------
Old 08-24-2001, 06:44 AM   #3
Ugaya
Manshoon

I'm playing the patched English version of SoA without ToB, so perhaps my proposals will be useless if you have ToB installed already.
I experienced lots of bugs during the Jaheria romance (events that never happen, dialogue loops... ). Setting the Global Variable JaheiraRomance to 1 often worked but once the local variable Lovetalk was frozen too (at a value of 52).
When I set Lovetalk to 53 and JaheiraRomance to 1 (using ShadowKeeper) the romance continued immediately.
Some Lovetalks need special conditions to be met (resting, outdoors, the appearance of certain persons (Bandits, Jaheira's Harper "friends" etc.).
There is an unofficial bugfix available at Baldurdash called "Updated Improved Jaheira Romance/Harper Plot Fix". It contains a readme file with detailed descriptions of problems and solutions which might be helpful. I installed it and everything works fine (unfortunately, it is written only for SoA).

Old 08-24-2001, 08:32 AM   #4
Gedd
The Magister

doen;t setting the romance variable to 2 have a better effect.. I set it to 2 and the romance immediately restarted
Old 08-24-2001, 05:27 PM   #5
Starkiller
The Magister

Thanks everyone, I will try out all these ideas.